+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewals

sikka1984

Jan 13, 2016
Hi,.. I stayed in Canada for 2 years but currently, outbound due to covid, and my PR card will expire in 2022-April.

a. Is it possible to travel from India on a new PR card post renewal or PRTD or
b. shall I travel before the current expiry and submit for renewal and come back and wait for a new PR card ??. I saw I can apply before 9 months of expiry but I want to travel soon due to the flight ban I am unable to do so. Pls, suggest. Thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,.. I stayed in Canada for 2 years but currently, outbound due to covid, and my PR card will expire in 2022-April.

a. Is it possible to travel from India on a new PR card post renewal or PRTD or
b. shall I travel before the current expiry and submit for renewal and come back and wait for a new PR card ??. I saw I can apply before 9 months of expiry but I want to travel soon due to the flight ban I am unable to do so. Pls, suggest. Thank you.
I would say too early to give concrete recommendation - better to travel before the current card expires, and sooner, assuming the travel ban lifted before April.

There are more factors like when you first became PR and when your two years in Canada was, etc. Note that the two-in-five requirement does not count or start from April 2017 but when you first landed. Lots of details may matter.

But easy simple and correct advice is: return to Canada when the travel ban is lifted. Ask about more details and other options if the travel ban still in force in early 2022.