+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal

myself_39

Feb 14, 2018
Hi Guys,

I went to Canada as a permanent resident and spent around 2.5 years. However, due to some personal reasons I had to leave my job and come back to India, my home country. After being unemployed for the first 5 months, I started working from home for an Indian company based in Hyderabad. I am still in the same job. My PR card is going to expire in 3 months. I am going to Canada on one week trip in the next month to renew my PR card. My plan is to submit the application and come back. I have friends who can get me the card when they travel to India. I am intending to move back to Canada after 1 or 2 years based on my personal circumstances.

While going through the PR renewal application, I had below queries based on my situation.

1. Should I reveal that I have been working in India? If so, I have to declare it in the work history. Also, the same time period has to be entered in the absence history as well. Is this ok? Finally, what reason shall I specify for this time period in the absence history?

2. I have three passports. Should I submit front and back pages and stamped pages across all of them?

3. Since I am not in Canada for the last 2.5 years, shall I submit any explanation document about my intent to eventually move back to Canada after some time? (I don't want the VISA processing officer to think, will this guy come back to Canada? )

Thanks in advance for the help.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I went to Canada as a permanent resident and spent around 2.5 years. However, due to some personal reasons I had to leave my job and come back to India, my home country. After being unemployed for the first 5 months, I started working from home for an Indian company based in Hyderabad. I am still in the same job. My PR card is going to expire in 3 months. I am going to Canada on one week trip in the next month to renew my PR card. My plan is to submit the application and come back. I have friends who can get me the card when they travel to India. I am intending to move back to Canada after 1 or 2 years based on my personal circumstances.

While going through the PR renewal application, I had below queries based on my situation.

1. Should I reveal that I have been working in India? If so, I have to declare it in the work history. Also, the same time period has to be entered in the absence history as well. Is this ok? Finally, what reason shall I specify for this time period in the absence history?

2. I have three passports. Should I submit front and back pages and stamped pages across all of them?

3. Since I am not in Canada for the last 2.5 years, shall I submit any explanation document about my intent to eventually move back to Canada after some time? (I don't want the VISA processing officer to think, will this guy come back to Canada? )

Thanks in advance for the help.
1) Do you want to hide that you are working in India?
2) Are they all valid?
3) The letter is not worth your time to prepare

myself_39

Feb 14, 2018
Thank you for responding.

1) Do you want to hide that you are working in India?
- No. I don't have any concern in putting this in the application. My only worry is whether it will impact my renewal application in an away. The case officer should not wonder whether this applicant will come back to Canada or not.

2) Are they all valid?
- Only one is valid now. Others have expired. However, I have the PR stamping is on my first passport only.

3) The letter is not worth your time to prepare
- Ok. Then, I won't do it.