+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD RENEWAL

Akshay ottawa

Aug 10, 2020
Hi

My card is about will expire in August 2021, I have completed my 660 days yet out of 730 days (2 years for renewal ). I am stuck in India coz of flight ban. Can somebody tell what should I do in case if I am not able to reach Canada coz of covid flight ban?

If I reach Canada in June then still it would be 720 days. Will CIC guy will renew my card ?

Please Reply !!!!

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
The dates on your card do not matter. What matters is the date you landed.

Since the date of your landing, you need to have spent 2 years out of 5, or be able to spend 2 years out of 5 by the time you reach 5 years after your initial landing. Since your card expires in August, you landed earlier and are probably in breach of your RO.

There is no direct policy regarding Covid19 and although the flight ban and covid impact probably will help an H&C case, for someone who has not spent much time at all in 5 years in Canada before Covid, it is impossible to tell whether you could get a PRTD on H&C or enter Canada without being reported. To better determine your options, we would need to know when you initially landed, how long were you in Canada since then etc. I am quite confused by your other posts as in those you say you applied through EE in August...

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Sorry can't really help if we do not know your brother's landing date (roughly).

We won't know if your brother could still meet his RO (730 days) within 5 years after his landing day. (if he is less than 80 days from his 5 years day of landing, he couldn't have met his RO with only 640 days in Canada. Otherwise, if he stays without leaving, then he could have met it) This is why we asked when did he land.

If he entered when his PR card is still valid, there is a possibility that border service will miss checking his RO. But who knows.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
He Landed in July 2016 and went back in Oct 2016 and came again in 2019
He will reach his 5 years July 2021 and since he only spent 640 days in Canada, he didnt meet his RO.

If he entered without being reported in June when he comes back, then he needs to stay for 730 days counting backward 5 years from the day he planned to send in his PR card renew application.

So likely his days between July - Oct 2016 will not count (as he will loose those days when you count backward 5 years). So planned to stay for a while without a valid PR card (which is fine unless he wants to leave again).

tjkdl

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Hi

My card is about will expire in August 2021, I have completed my 660 days yet out of 730 days (2 years for renewal ). I am stuck in India coz of flight ban. Can somebody tell what should I do in case if I am not able to reach Canada coz of covid flight ban?

If I reach Canada in June then still it would be 720 days. Will CIC guy will renew my card ?

Please Reply !!!!
730 days requirement is at the time you submit the renewal application, looking back for 5 years, you have to stay in Canada for at least 730 days.
It's not mandatory to renew the card by the time it expires, you just need to enter Canada with that card before it expires, then you can stay and wait until you exceed 730 days to submit the renewal case.