+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal

nasir598

Apr 12, 2015
Hello all,

I have a concern regarding my PR card renewal based employment reason. I am Mechanical Engineering working in oil and gas company outside Canada on rotational cycle i.e. one month duty and one month vacation with paid air fare ticket. I want to continue my job because of good package even after my PR card expiry
  • I am currently residing inside Canada (Calgary) with my family
  • My PR Card to be expired by next year
  • I do not meet the Residency Requirement i.e. 730 days in Canada in the last 5 years

Please help I am not getting the proper guidance based on this please give your valuable inputs.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,

I have a concern regarding my PR card renewal based employment reason. I am Mechanical Engineering working in oil and gas company outside Canada on rotational cycle i.e. one month duty and one month vacation with paid air fare ticket. I want to continue my job because of good package even after my PR card expiry
  • I am currently residing inside Canada (Calgary) with my family
  • My PR Card to be expired by next year
  • I do not meet the Residency Requirement i.e. 730 days in Canada in the last 5 years

Please help I am not getting the proper guidance based on this please give your valuable inputs.
You don’t qualify for PR renewal. If you have spent 5 years doing one month on and one month off you should qualify. Did you also only move to Canada years after doing a soft landing?

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
If you fall short of the 730 day requirement within the 5 years then the key would be to make entry into Canada few months (6 months or so) before PR expiry and not leave
Complete the 2 years and go over by about a month more and then apply for renewal there should be no issues in renewing even though you stayed 2 years within 6 years or so.