+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card renewal

TonyMez

Jan 17, 2020
Hi guys

Currently I live outside of Canada, not in USA, married with a Canadian citizen. I am a PR cardholder. Last July I went to Montreal, I applied for my renewal. I left Canada and I returned home.

I received an email from the Immigration Office, that my PR Card is renewed and I have to go and receive it in person with 180 days from the issuance. In contrary, the card will be dismissed. The deadline is coming soon, approx. mid February.

Due to some personal reasons I wont be able to go and receive it in person. Is it any way to extend the deadline for at least 90 days? or Is it any way I can contact the immigration office and ask for it ? I already sent an email but I received a message that acknowledges the reception, but it tells me to call a number and speak about the content of my message. This number is available only if you are based in Canada.

Any similar experience or feedback is welcome

best

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You can't extend the deadline for pickup.

This is very frequently what happens to people who renew PR cards but live outside Canada - IRCC makes you come and pick it up in person. While you haven't lost PR status, you must find a way to pick up the card in person (or cross the border non-commercially in a private vehicle, etc.)