+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD RENEWAL

FARHANG

Jan 10, 2011
HELLO

I AND MU DAUGHTERS LANDED IN CANADA SEP 2006 WE SPENT 3 YEARS THERE . OUR PR CARD WILL BE EXPIRE IN SEP 2011 . MY ELDER DAGTHERT DIDNOT HAVE SEPERATE PASSPORT AT THAT TIME . SHE CAME TO HER ORIGIN LAND THIS SUMMER AND GET THE NEW PASSPORT . AND STAYS THERE .IN HER NEW PASSPOORT THERE IS NO STAMP OF ENTERING TO CANADA , CAN SHE TAKE ANY ACTION TO DEMAND FOR THE RENEWAL PR CARD AS YOU KNOW THE RENEWAL PROCESS WILL TAKE ATLEAST 7 MONTHS . PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO .

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FARHANG said:
HELLO

I AND MU DAUGHTERS LANDED IN CANADA SEP 2006 WE SPENT 3 YEARS THERE . OUR PR CARD WILL BE EXPIRE IN SEP 2011 . MY ELDER DAGTHERT DIDNOT HAVE SEPERATE PASSPORT AT THAT TIME . SHE CAME TO HER ORIGIN LAND THIS SUMMER AND GET THE NEW PASSPORT . AND STAYS THERE .IN HER NEW PASSPOORT THERE IS NO STAMP OF ENTERING TO CANADA , CAN SHE TAKE ANY ACTION TO DEMAND FOR THE RENEWAL PR CARD AS YOU KNOW THE RENEWAL PROCESS WILL TAKE ATLEAST 7 MONTHS . PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO .
Is she currently in Canada or outside of Canada? If you spent 3 years in Canada why did you not apply for Citizensip before you left?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can not apply to renew your PR cards from outside Canada. You must be in Canada to do it. If your PR card expires, you can apply for a PR travel document at the Canadian embassy when you are ready to move back. As long as you have fulfilled the residency requirements, that is you are not outside Canada for more than 3 years in the last 5 years before you apply, it should not be a problem to get.

Once you are in Canada, you can apply to renew. If you have travel plans soon, you can ask for your renewal to be expedited.

gvaladie

Oct 4, 2012
hello,
i am a french citizen.
i got my PR card in 2008. it will expire next year.
i lived in canada until january last year. am now based in miami, not working for a canadian company.
i am planning on travelling all of next year and want to renew my pr card before doing so so that when i come back to civilization in 2014, i can move back to canada and get a job.
the thing is that i wont be ale to be physically more than 24 or 48 hrs in canada before taking my big trip.
according the he CIC i have fulfilled the days in canada to maintain my pr status. yet, for he past two yeas, like i said, i have not been residing in canada at all.
what do i need to do in order to renew my pr card before my trip? i really dont want to lose the pr status, as it wld be a pain to get it back, and canada is where i wan o settle when. come back.
thank you so much in advance.
gregory

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do not have to renew your PR card now. When it is time to go back, you can apply for a PR travel document. As long as you have been 730 days in Canada in the past 5 years when you apply, you should get it. 730 days is two years. If you left in January 2011, you must return by January 2014, provided you had stayed in Canada for a solid 2 years before that. If you had absences from Canada between January 2009 and January 2011, you will not have 730 days during that time so you would have to return to Canada earlier to make up for that.