+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal

Jun 9, 2013
Is anyone experiencing delays with renewing their PR Card? Both my wife and I applied in February for renewal and we still have not heard anything. Our on-line status in both cases is neutral (nothing to report) although my wife did call the NS office the other day who advised her the application was being "processed".

We are both fully OK with the 1,095 day test and were careful to document all trips out of Canada (multiple trips for business, vacation and family). I had learnt from this forum that frequent border (particularly land border) crossings can raise a red flag for additional screening when it comes to citizenship applications, but has anyone here experienced difficulties with PR Card renewal? I am getting anxious as I understand we cannot travel once the PR card expires.

Jun 9, 2013
Nothing. I have proof of delivery from Canada Post in my case. In my wife's case she has verbal confirmation that they are processing the application.

By the way - i referred incorrectly in my earlier post to the 1,095 day test. Apogies - that is the citizenship test. I meant 730 days.

rez

Jun 9, 2013
I applied at the end of April and was hoping to get by August so I can travel, but after reading your posts I am totally disappointed.