+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal - understanding timelines?

albak

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Hello,

My husband & I both applied for PR card renewal. We have met the residency obligation (although with only 15 days to spare) and our current cards are valid for 3 more months.

Both of us applied for our card renewal on September 1, 2023. My husband received a message that his application was returned on October 4, 2023. And the reason seems to be his photo was not of appropriate quality. He resubmitted it today (October 5, 2023). He is not able to link his application to GCKey yet.

In my case, I didn't receive any message (weird because we both uploaded photos of the exact same specs) and I was able to link it to GCKey today (October 5. 2023). My GCKey says - Final decision - October 3, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Two questions,
I'm assuming that since my husband resubmitted, his expected processing time resets from today's date?
Also, how long from being able to link to GCKey to card being processed/completed? Do we see a decision made in GCKey?

Any help is appreciated.

albak

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
For anyone following this thread, I was able to link my GCKey following Acknowledgement of Receipt (in fact I didn't get any AOR mail. I just tried linking after my husband got his rejection email and was able to successfully link) on/about October 4. 2023. And I received Final Decision on my GCKey on October 13 stating that my card was mailed out.

So looks like it's roughly taking a month to get to AOR and then from there 10-20 days to actually make a decision.

Reactions: farzinaam

Am_4_life2000

Nov 15, 2018
Dear All, I need your support.

I submitted my online application for a PR renewal on July 10.

On October 19, I connected my application to GC Key.

"Final decision - October 10, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

how long this will take for it to show approved or rejected. and do i need to keep checking my GC key or i will be notified by an mail

looking for your feedback and insight on this regards.

farzinaam

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Hi @Am_4_life2000,

What was your time line. If you are still following this thread can you please share how long after the above message was your PR card mailed out to you?

I see an email today saying the same as yours. I am wondering how long till the pr cards are mailed out.

Thanks.