+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr card renewal timeline after questionnaire

Must1

Aug 22, 2013
Dear Leon and others
Just a brief history about my case.i got my pr in jan 2006 but came to Canada in oct 2010.
My pr expired in jan 2011.i stayed from oct 2010 til nov 2012 and then applied for pr renewal ie after 730 days in Canada. I got a residency questionnaire in June 2013 which I replied in July 2013.
How long does it take after the questionnaire usually for the pr?? I live in Mississauga.
Secondly can I apply for citizenship when my 3 yrs out of 4 r done or do I have to wait for my pr??

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Must1 said:
Dear Leon and others
Just a brief history about my case.i got my pr in jan 2006 but came to Canada in oct 2010.
My pr expired in jan 2011.i stayed from oct 2010 til nov 2012 and then applied for pr renewal ie after 730 days in Canada. I got a residency questionnaire in June 2013 which I replied in July 2013.
How long does it take after the questionnaire usually for the pr?? I live in Mississauga.
Secondly can I apply for citizenship when my 3 yrs out of 4 r done or do I have to wait for my pr??

Hi Must1,

You can apply for your Citizenship after you have physically stayed in Canada for over 1095 days from the last 4 yrs to the date you are signing the application. It is advised that it is safe to stay for an additional month of so before you actually apply for your Citizenship.

Which office did you send your residency questionnaire to?

Must1

Aug 22, 2013
Thanks for the reply.
When I go online it says ur file has been transferred to the Hamilton office.but when I called the helpline they said file was transferred to Ottawa.secondly the letter I got with the questionnaire was also from Ottawa.so u r saying I can apply for citizenship when my number of days r done.what about the pr card questionnaire??does that affect the citizenship application???

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Must1 said:
Thanks for the reply.
When I go online it says ur file has been transferred to the Hamilton office.but when I called the helpline they said file was transferred to Ottawa.secondly the letter I got with the questionnaire was also from Ottawa.so u r saying I can apply for citizenship when my number of days r done.what about the pr card questionnaire??does that affect the citizenship application???
What documents did they ask you to submit in the questionnaire RQ?

PR Application & Citizenship Application are two different things. You can submit your Citizenship application after you have been physically in Canada for 1095+ days in the last 4 yr period from the date you sign the application. So you can stay more for a month or two just to be safe and submit your Citizenship application.

Must1

Aug 22, 2013
They asked for passport copies with translation of stamps not in English,doctor visit proof,children school letters showing attendance,bank and credit card statements,lease or mortgage deeds,utility bills

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Must1 said:
They asked for passport copies with translation of stamps not in English,doctor visit proof,children school letters showing attendance,bank and credit card statements,lease or mortgage deeds,utility bills
Your PR Card renewal case is exactly similar to mine we can monitor each others case closely and update when ever there is any new news.

In Sept 2013 it will be 7 months since i applied for my PR Card renewal. Have not got RQ and praying not to get it.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Must1 said:
No prob
But does rq mean something wrong???
RQ means residency questionnaire. If CIC needs more info to understand if you had really stayed in Canada for the number of days you are claiming in your application, they will send you RQ letter requesting supporting documentation like they sent you from Ottawa. Doesn't necessarily mean wrong or bad thing. CIC is sending RQ letters to a lot of people these days it has become their second nature.

YYZ123

Jun 17, 2013
Hi,

I am also in same situation and submitted my RQ in Aug 2013 and no reply yet.

No idea how long does it take. It would be great to update each other on status.

Thanks,

Can_2014

Jun 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Hello all

Anyone heard back after PR Card renewal RQ.

My case is very similar.
Residing in North York, received RQ from ottawa Sept 2013, submitted all required documents.
When I call CIC they say the file was sent to Hamilton, then Ottawa and now its in London, ON.

still waiting for over one year....please advise and share your experiences!!

YYZ123 said:
Hi,

I am also in same situation and submitted my RQ in Aug 2013 and no reply yet.

No idea how long does it take. It would be great to update each other on status.

Thanks,

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dreamszalone said:
Hi Must1

Can you please let us know what was the outcome and how much time it took for you to get your PR Card after RQ submission?
after RQ submission it took 14 months to get PR card in Canada Post