+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal-Secondary Review

puma

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Can someone please answer my queries?

When a file is being sent for secondary review,
1. where is it sent?
2. what are the usual reasons for sending for a secondary review?
3. How long more (approximately)can the processing take?
4. What is the usual outcome?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
puma said:
Can someone please answer my queries?

When a file is being sent for secondary review,
1. where is it sent?
Along the corridor/upstairs/downstairs ...

Could be quality control; could be that something needs more in-depth checking...

How long is a piece of string?

Request for further information/interview/RQ/card issued/any or all of the aforementioned

Facetiousness aside, "wait wait wait" is about all that can be done :(. It happened to my son a few years ago: turned out - after 9 months - that it was a ridiculously simple glitch that could have been resolved with a phone call :(.

Dreamszalone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
1. where is it sent?
Ans. Mostly to Hamilton Ontario or Ottawa.

Ans. If you have travel history or if you have US Visa and traveled few times or long absent in the beginning or the documents submitted looks fishy and lastly name check if your name is similar to some criminal.

Ans. Usually 2nd review kicks in once they start processing it can be very next day the day your file comes in the queue to get processed and it could take a 5-8 weeks to get a letter if they need anything from you like Phone bill, passport pages etc etc crap. And after submitting those docs I really don't know as I myself has submitted my document yesterday so will see how long it takes, but I guess shouldn't take more than 4-6 weeks if the officer is not lazy. And after he approves if he is satisfied then he sends the file back to Sydney NS and then another verification and then card is produced and based on that either they mail or ask you to collect all these I am expecting another 4-5 months waste of time.

Ans. Good question well it all depends on case, and somewhere down the heart you know how good is your case if you really have 730 days provable then 100% they gotta approve if not then we all know its a gamble.

Thanks

raphmih

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
hey guys! I am renewing my PR. Applied in March 2017. May was moved to secondary review, and right away was asked for passport photocopy, and the history of entry/exit. Got sent them very quickly on the June 1. I haven't heard anything from them ever since. How long does it in general take? My old card is still valid.