+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal -- residency requirement met

j_cowboy

Apr 25, 2012
Hello guys,

I am about to send in my application to have my PR card renewed. Although I have met the residency requirement, there is still something about which I am a little concerned. I have moved quite frequently (like 4 times) in the past 2 years within the same city (Vancouver). The reasons were quite simple, being either incompatible roommates or that the landlord did not want to rent the place any more.

I am not sure if this would incur any problems when they review my case. I have been working full-time for 2 straight years (since the third day that I came back from abroad for school). This is my first 5-year period. And there is still a good half year before my PR card expires. Again, I have lived in Canada for more than 2 years.

Thanks a lot for any advice.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want to get proof of your residency, the simplest thing would be to ask your employer for a letter. Just ask for a bank letter, it is very simple and employers do it all the time if you want to borrow money. It will say something like "so and so has been working full time for this company since date so and so until present and is making $x a month/hour."

With a letter stating that you have been working full time in Canada for 2 years, it would be very unlikely for you not to meet the requirements. The processing time for a PR card is under 3 months now so you can give it another 3 months before you apply to renew.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, why would they care how often you move as long as you were in Canada the whole time? There is no law against moving.