Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
After i submitted the PR renewal application, the CIC send us an email to give them a copy of legal name changed document (New name after marriage). I submitted the copy of updated legal name changed of MB health Card, SIN and MB driver's license. Until now we are still waiting for the PR renewal application. Upon replying to their email for the requested documents, We've made a follow up and sending same documents again via Canada Post after 2 months.

is that a legal name changed document in CIC?

in MB vital stats says once a lady gets married

" Assume your spouse’s surname and retain your present surname as a middle name"

http://vitalstats.gov.mb.ca/pdf/getting_married.pdf

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
pedropil said:
After i submitted the PR renewal application, the CIC send us an email to give them a copy of legal name changed document (New name after marriage). I submitted the copy of updated legal name changed of MB health Card, SIN and MB driver's license. Until now we are still waiting for the PR renewal application. Upon replying to their email for the requested documents, We've made a follow up and sending same documents again via Canada Post after 2 months.

" Assume your spouse’s surname and retain your present surname as a middle name"

Iv heard tht legal name change document is a kind of letter which u get from court m not sure though

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
pedropil said:

Did you submit marriage certificate? Are you acquiring your spouse's surname? If yes, i think legal name change document is not required only marriage certificate is required and updated copies of provincial IDs. If there is any other type of name change then legal name change is required. Please read the "Surname after marriage" section as per the link mentioned by you carefully.
Please call 1-888-242-2100 to check the status of your application.

Also read "Legal Change of Name Section" in the instruction guide of PR card renewal:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp

Did you get married outside Canada? If yes, this is what it states in the instruction guide:

If you are a permanent resident and changed your name outside of Canada, submit:

a foreign passport or other national authoritative document that shows your new name; and
an official document linking the old and new names.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
rihaf said:
Iv heard tht legal name change document is a kind of letter which u get from court m not sure though
Actually in my wife's case is different. When her immigrant visa as issued (Single) her first name, second name, middle name and last name is included. But when her PR card received it indicate's only her first name, second name and last name. My guess because it's too long that's why they didn't include it.

When we get married we tried to fix it to complete everything. It was successful on DL, SIN and Health Card.
The CIC will only use her first name, second name and her new last name after marriage. That's why if we want to include her middle name which is her previous last name, we need to provide legal name change document.

As i've said earlier we provided the copy of updated SIN, DL and health card and as of now still waiting for our PR card in the mail. Based on CIC agent we need to wait until December 10.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
pedropil said:
Actually in my wife's case is different. When her immigrant visa as issued (Single) her first name, second name, middle name and last name is included. But when her PR card received it indicate's only her first name, second name and last name. My guess because it's too long that's why they didn't include it.

When we get married we tried to fix it to complete everything. It was successful on DL, SIN and Health Card.
The CIC will only use her first name, second name and her new last name after marriage. That's why if we want to include her middle name which is her previous last name, we need to provide legal name change document.

As i've said earlier we provided the copy of updated SIN, DL and health card and as of now still waiting for our PR card in the mail. Based on CIC agent we need to wait until December 10.
Can you give me an example in regards to your wife's name that how was it before marriage, after marriage with PR and after changing with provincial govt.? Why there is first, second name, why isn't it First middle and last name?

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
thecoolguysam said:
Can you give me an example in regards to your wife's name that how was it before marriage, after marriage with PR and after changing with provincial govt.? Why there is first, second name, why isn't it First middle and last name?
My wife's name before marriage

First Name: Maria
Second Name: Leonora
Middle Name: esguerra
Last Name: cruz

on her passport and birth certificate in the Philippines/ Immigrant visa Canada

Maria Leonora esguerra cruz

In the Philippines once you got married, your last name will change to your spouse last name and your previous last name will become your middle name.

Husbands Last name: aguinaldo

Her new name after marriage

Middle Name: Cruz
Last Name: Aguinaldo

Maria Leonora Cruz Aguinaldo -

It was exactly changed on her SIN, Drivers License and MB health Card. On her Philippine Passport is still in process because it takes time. We provided that copy to CIC for legal name changed document or else the cic will only input Maria Leonora Aguinaldo.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
pedropil said:
My wife's name before marriage

Middle Name: esguerra
Last Name: cruz

on her passport and birth certificate in the Philippines/ Immigrant visa Canada

Maria Leonora esguerra cruz

In the Philippines once you got married, your last name will change to your spouse last name and your previous last name will become your middle name.

Husbands Last name: aguinaldo

Her new name after marriage

Middle Name: Cruz
Last Name: Aguinaldo

Maria Leonora Cruz Aguinaldo -

It was exactly changed on her SIN, Drivers License and MB health Card. On her Philippine Passport is still in process because it takes time. We provided that copy to CIC for legal name changed document or else the cic will only input Maria Leonora Aguinaldo.
Thanks for the explanation. I suppose the marriage certificate shows her name as: Maria Leonora esguerra cruz and your complete name?
Did you submit the copy of your marriage certificate? Did the marriage occur in Canada or outside Canada?
I think the marraige occured outside Canada and if that is the case, that's why cic is asking for legal name change. As your wife's passport is not been issued with the new name, that's why cic is requesting you for further information.

As per the instruction guide, it says:

If you are a permanent resident and changed your name outside of Canada, submit:

a foreign passport or other national authoritative document that shows your new name; and

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
thecoolguysam said:
Thanks for the explanation. I suppose the marriage certificate shows her name as: Maria Leonora esguerra cruz and your complete name?
Did you submit the copy of your marriage certificate? Did the marriage occur in Canada or outside Canada?
I think the marraige occured outside Canada and if that is the case, that's why cic is asking for legal name change. As your wife's passport is not been issued with the new name, that's why cic is requesting you for further information.

As per the instruction guide, it says:

Were married legally in Manitoba Canada. We just followed the Vital stats procedure. We provided them our marriage certificate. Yes its her complete name (Single) that was on the certificate.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
pedropil said:
Were married legally in Manitoba Canada. We just followed the Vital stats procedure. We provided them our marriage certificate. Yes its her complete name (Single) that was on the certificate.

If you were married in Manitoba then the passport's name change does not really matter.

As per the vital statistics document:

Assume your spouse’s surname and retain your present surname as a middle name. In this case her name would be: Maria Leonora cruz Aguinaldo

I suppose you have done the right thing as per the vital statistics document and you have also sent the marraige certificate. I suggest you to send an explanation letter about the name so that if there is any confusion on cic's side, that can be cleared.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
thecoolguysam said:
If you were married in Manitoba then the passport's name change does not really matter.

As per the vital statistics document:

Assume your spouse’s surname and retain your present surname as a middle name. In this case her name would be: Maria Leonora cruz Aguinaldo

I suppose you have done the right thing as per the vital statistics document and you have also sent the marraige certificate. I suggest you to send an explanation letter about the name so that if there is any confusion on cic's side, that can be cleared.
Yup, everything is updated on her SIN, Drivers License, MB health card and bank names. All are changed too Maria Leonora cruz Aguinaldo.

We provided that copy already to CIC. Still waiting.

Thank you

RamonaD

Oct 19, 2016
Hi

My pr card is expiring on 18th November 2016

These are my details

I landed in Canada 10th July 2011
Stayed in Canada for 18 days because at that time I was working in Dubai and just wanted to do my landing

Went back to Dubai and stayed there till end of April 2014

Migrated to Canada for good in may 2014

Stayed in Canada till present but also used to travel to the US for Christmas and Easter .

Even with my travel to the US I will be accumulating 745 days till 15th November .

I just want to know when I write my rolling five years in the pr renewal application will be like this

15th November 2011- 15 November 2016 ( address history)
15th November 2011 - 15 November 2016 ( work history)
15th November 2011 - 15th November 2016 (travel history)

Now when it comes to travel history , I was in Dubai from August 2011 to April 2014

So when I write the period to be assessed in my travel history , 15th November 2011 - 15th November 2016 will the days in Dubai before 15 November 2011 be counted .

Thanks , I have been wondering bout this the whole week .

Mona

RamonaD

Oct 19, 2016
PR card renewal

Hi

My pr card is expiring on 18th November 2016

These are my details

I landed in Canada 10th July 2011
Stayed in Canada for 18 days because at that time I was working in Dubai and just wanted to do my landing

Went back to Dubai and stayed there till end of April 2014

Migrated to Canada for good in may 2014

Stayed in Canada till present but also used to travel to the US for Christmas and Easter .

Even with my travel to the US I will be accumulating 745 days till 15th November .

I just want to know when I write my rolling five years in the pr renewal application will be like this

15th November 2011- 15 November 2016 ( address history)
15th November 2011 - 15 November 2016 ( work history)
15th November 2011 - 15th November 2016 (travel history)

Now when it comes to travel history , I was in Dubai from August 2011 to April 2014

So when I write the period to be assessed in my travel history , 15th November 2011 - 15th November 2016 will the days in Dubai before 15 November 2011 be counted .

Thanks , I have been wondering about this the whole week .

Secondly I was not able to find employment from Jan 2015 till present because of the job market I'm just worried whether that will be a big issue in renewing my pr even if I have fulfilled my 730 days

Thanks

Mona