06-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
31-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2015 (TRV Meds have not yet expired)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec 2015
Hi Everyone,

I was completing the PR card renewal application over the weekend - I have the following questions:
  1. Photographs - The studio stamped only one of the photos and said that I need to write my name and date of birth on the other. I'm confused since the specs do not say anything about stamping only one photo?
  2. Do I need to provide Biometrics?
    • Biometrics
      Most PR card applicants do not need to give biometrics.

However, you’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the biometrics fee if

you were less than 14 years old when we received your application for permanent residence and you applied for permanent residence on or after July 31, 2018, AND
      you’re now older than 14 years old and are applying for a new permanent resident card, a replacement or a renewal
  3. Is there a way to expedite the PR card renewal processing time. My card will expire in Feb 2021 which isnt far away.

k1a2t

Apr 15, 2020
You have to send in 2 pictures. One is clear on the back, on the other one the photographer have to write or stamp the date,name and address of the photography studio and you write your name and birth of date on the same picture.

The processing time now is 114 days but they are getting faster. If you don't travel doesn't matter, only your card expires, not your status.

Reactions: sabret00the

sabret00the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC: Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Not relevant
App. Filed.......
12-Sep-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
06-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
31-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec 2015
You have to send in 2 pictures. One is clear on the back, on the other one the photographer have to write or stamp the date,name and address of the photography studio and you write your name and birth of date on the same picture.
The beauty of this forum is that my question might have been dumb but thanks to people like you who understood that I have asked the question in all seriousness and bothered to reply - thank you very much!

So to summarize I'll leave one picture blank on the back - not even write my name/DOB and on the other picture that is stamped - will add my First & Last name and DOB to the back.

The processing time now is 114 days but they are getting faster. If you don't travel doesn't matter, only your card expires, not your status.
Any idea on Biometrics? The reason I'm asking this question is I want to send everything thing at once if I need to. I'm anticipating the need to travel in Dec '20/Jan '21 period - hence I asked the question if the processing time can be reduced anyhow.

k1a2t

Apr 15, 2020
So to summarize I'll leave one picture blank on the back - not even write my name/DOB and on the other picture that is stamped - will add my First & Last name and DOB to the back.

Yes, that's right!

Any idea on Biometrics? The reason I'm asking this question is I want to send everything thing at once if I need to. I'm anticipating the need to travel in Dec '20/Jan '21 period - hence I asked the question if the processing time can be reduced anyhow.
[/QUOTE]

I just received my renewed PR card last month, I did not provide biometrics.

Reactions: sabret00the

sabret00the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Not relevant
App. Filed.......
12-Sep-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
06-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
31-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec 2015
I just received my renewed PR card last month, I did not provide biometrics.
Thank you. Can you please confirm the processing time for your renewal?

sabret00the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Not relevant
App. Filed.......
12-Sep-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
06-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
31-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec 2015
I sent my application in July, at that time the processing time was 165 days. I received my card after 104 days.
Thanks man. I'm going to call IRCC today to figure out a way to expedite the processing time. Will post the outcome here.

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
I sent my application in July, at that time the processing time was 165 days. I received my card after 104 days.
Hello,

Could you please let us know after how many days did you see your status on Ecas?

Its been 3 weeks since they received my application however no information on Ecas.

Thank You

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
I had sent the application for Renewal of PR Card

k1a2t

Apr 15, 2020
Hello,

Could you please let us know after how many days did you see your status on Ecas?

Its been 3 weeks since they received my application however no information on Ecas.

Thank You
Exactly 3 months after they received my application for renewal I received an email and could check my status online, just 2-3 weeks before I received my card. However, they are now much faster.

Reactions: ritvik123