+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal query

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
this question may have been asked a hundred thousand times but let me ask the hundred thousand and one'th time anyway: by the time I apply for a PR renewal I will have about 745 days balance. Now several posts here say this may not be good enough to avoid a secondary review. If I wait for lets say another few months before I apply, will I lose the few initial days (landing etc. ) that I spent in Canada since they will move outside the immediate 5 year window?

And, have there been cases where PR extensions have been granted to people with little over 730 days balance (i.e. without a secondary review)?

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
this question may have been asked a hundred thousand times but let me ask the hundred thousand and one'th time anyway: by the time I apply for a PR renewal I will have about 745 days balance. Now several posts here say this may not be good enough to avoid a secondary review. If I wait for lets say another few months before I apply, will I lose the few initial days (landing etc. ) that I spent in Canada since they will move outside the immediate 5 year window?

And, have there been cases where PR extensions have been granted to people with little over 730 days balance (i.e. without a secondary review)?
If you have more days then probability of secondary review is less, also when you send the application better to send all colour pages of your passport. Make a document explaining the stamps of countries you visited in the 5 year if the stamps are in English. This has a chance for your renewal application to be processed in the time frame they mentioned in the website. No guarantee though. Even higher days let’s say 2 months more may not ensure no secondary review.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

You will lose any benefits from days that are outside the exact five years window under examination. Therefore, it is quite possible for you to be resident inside Canada for a period of time without increasing your physical presence count.

Every case is assessed on it's own merits. There is no value in looking at previous statistics to determine the likely course of a particular application.

Reactions: francaispourquebec

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
You will lose any benefits from days that are outside the exact five years window under examination. Therefore, it is quite possible for you to be resident inside Canada for a period of time without increasing your physical presence count.

Every case is assessed on it's own merits. There is no value in looking at previous statistics to determine the likely course of a particular application.
Understood, thanks for the response.