Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Isn't your wife a U.S. citizen? According to this, records are not available for a U.S. citizen:
https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/history-search

For Your Info
United States Citizens and Lawful Permanent residents are unable to look up their prior 10-year travel history at this time.

The provided travel history may not reflect the following: land border arrivals/departures, closed loop cruise arrivals/departures, air carrier reservation updates, and/or United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) updates, changes of status, extensions of stay or adjustments of status. U.S. Citizen and Lawful Permanent Resident travel is NOT provided on this website. If this travel history is not complete, there is no action to take. CBP documents come from a variety of sources. This travel history is only a tool to assist the public and is not an official record for legal purposes.

Did she have to file a FOIA request for her land PoE exit/entry data, beyond the I-94 request?
I used my own passport to search, we have only ever crossed the land border together, so our records are the same

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Isn't your wife a U.S. citizen? According to this, records are not available for a U.S. citizen:
https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/history-search

For Your Info
United States Citizens and Lawful Permanent residents are unable to look up their prior 10-year travel history at this time.

The provided travel history may not reflect the following: land border arrivals/departures, closed loop cruise arrivals/departures, air carrier reservation updates, and/or United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) updates, changes of status, extensions of stay or adjustments of status. U.S. Citizen and Lawful Permanent Resident travel is NOT provided on this website. If this travel history is not complete, there is no action to take. CBP documents come from a variety of sources. This travel history is only a tool to assist the public and is not an official record for legal purposes.

Did she have to file a FOIA request for her land PoE exit/entry data, beyond the I-94 request?
Again, thanks for all the help. Some of the questions are probably a little silly. I have one more question that may also be silly, but, what happens if you are a day or so off on departure and return dates? Will they revoke your PR status?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Again, thanks for all the help. Some of the questions are probably a little silly. I have one more question that may also be silly, but, what happens if you are a day or so off on departure and return dates? Will they revoke your PR status?
My pleasure. It is overly taxing, but you'll be fine.

Your PR status will not be revoked if you have minor errors in your travel history, especially if you have already shown at least 730 days before any such minor errors. Remember, you are stating that the information is accurate, so just include a short note explaining that you may be off on a day or two.

Reactions: jeff198901

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017

Your PR status will not be revoked if you have minor errors in your travel history, especially if you have already shown at least 730 days before any such minor errors. Remember, you are stating that the information is accurate, so just include a short note explaining that you may be off on a day or two.
now I just need to figure out how to get the application to open on a Chromebook!lol

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
now I just need to figure out how to get the application to open on a Chromebook!lol

quick question, where does the 730 day number come from?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you were able to get your travel history from CBP, why do you think you may be off `a day or so' on your dates?

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Since you were able to get your travel history from CBP, why do you think you may be off `a day or so' on your dates?
Going back into early 2019 it doesn’t show departure dates from the USA, only arrival. I have let’s say 95% accurate departure dates just from photos in my phone though. Like I said, I always take pictures at the border for whatever reason

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Going back into early 2019 it doesn’t show departure dates from the USA, only arrival. I have let’s say 95% accurate departure dates just from photos in my phone though. Like I said, I always take pictures at the border for whatever reason
This is where you could use CBSA records, because neither country has exit records; they each use entry records to deduce when a person `left' the other country.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/entry-exit.html

Background

The program’s purpose was to establish a coordinated Entry/Exit Information System to facilitate the exchange of travellers’ biographic information (such as their name and date of birth) collected upon entry at the common land border, so a record of entry into one country can be considered a record of exit from the other.

In addition to the exchange of data with the U.S. at the land border, regulations for the air mode came into force June 25, 2020, allowing the CBSA to begin collecting pre-departure exit information and exit records directly from commercial air carriers.

With the passing of Bill C-21, An Act to amend the Customs Act, data on all travellers (including Canadian and U.S. citizens) has begun to accumulate as of July 11, 2019, for travel by land. On June 25, 2020, the CBSA began collecting pre-departure exit information and exit records directly from commercial air carriers. Commercial air carriers will have until November 2022 to comply.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
This is where you could use CBSA records, because neither country has exit records; they each use entry records to deduce when a person `left' the other country.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/entry-exit.html

Background

The program’s purpose was to establish a coordinated Entry/Exit Information System to facilitate the exchange of travellers’ biographic information (such as their name and date of birth) collected upon entry at the common land border, so a record of entry into one country can be considered a record of exit from the other.

In addition to the exchange of data with the U.S. at the land border, regulations for the air mode came into force June 25, 2020, allowing the CBSA to begin collecting pre-departure exit information and exit records directly from commercial air carriers.

With the passing of Bill C-21, An Act to amend the Customs Act, data on all travellers (including Canadian and U.S. citizens) has begun to accumulate as of July 11, 2019, for travel by land. On June 25, 2020, the CBSA began collecting pre-departure exit information and exit records directly from commercial air carriers. Commercial air carriers will have until November 2022 to comply.
I am going to order the CBSA records this week at some point. What is the turn around time to get them? Is it difficult to apply for the CBSA records?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am going to order the CBSA records this week at some point. What is the turn around time to get them? Is it difficult to apply for the CBSA records?
Seems to take about a month. Doesn't appear to be difficult, but there is a nominal cost of $5 (I believe).

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
I am looking at the travel history section of the application now on the PR Portal. If my wife went on vacation with me(she's a PR and I am a Canadian citizen), does she select A, B or C?

Would she select B and put down Vacation?

Your reason for absence must be one of the following options:

A:
You have been employed on a full-time basis by a Canadian business or in the federal public administration or the public service of a province.

B: You have been accompanying a Canadian citizen who is your spouse or common-law partner or, in the case of a child, your parent.

C: You have been accompanying a PR who is your spouse or common-law partner or, in the case of a child, your parent and who is employed on a full-time basis by a Canadian business or in the federal public administration or the public service of a province.

Other: employment, studying, vacation, etc.

Note:

If reasons A, B or C apply to only a portion of your trip outside Canada, and you were also abroad for a separate reason, please indicate this absence as two separate lines in the table.

Please see instruction guide for further guidance.