+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal - No response whatsoever.

gdp79

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
I applied for PR card renewal last month and I get no news. Anybody with such experience?

I would assume I sent it to the wrong postal address but this is what I placed in the CanadaPost tag:
Case Processing Centre
P.O. Box 10020
Sydney, NS
B1P 7C1

I sent it via CanadaPost and their system said they sent it on June 25. No response from CIC whatsoever, not even a snail mail from my addresses. + already queried in CIC website last week.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Oh my that's a horrible backlog. We're all blind. Hope it does not go all the way to the PR card expiry :-(.
If yours was delivered end of June - it is safe based on the posts on the forum to say that you will get an AOR by late September to early October (add 90-110 days from the day it was delivered to Sydney). Yes the backlog is beyond huge atm, only this past week people from the first week of April are getting AORs.

PR card expiry does not matter unless you need to travel somewhere.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Our Cards have been sitting for MONTHs, we are at 17 months wait. Decision made, they are approved, we just need an appointment to go in to pick them up.

Seeing the MInister on TV this morning talking about new cases etc... that's great, but want about the existing ones? Citizenship cases can be interviewed online, why can't PR cards OR if you need to stare them down and demoralize them, why not call them to a border crossing?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I applied for PR card renewal last month and I get no news. Anybody with such experience?

I would assume I sent it to the wrong postal address but this is what I placed in the CanadaPost tag:
Case Processing Centre
P.O. Box 10020
Sydney, NS
B1P 7C1

I sent it via CanadaPost and their system said they sent it on June 25. No response from CIC whatsoever, not even a snail mail from my addresses. + already queried in CIC website last week.
From what I see here, they open the file roughly after 3 months from submission. Sometimes they open the file and mark it DM at the same day. So, it may take between 3-5 months.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Our Cards have been sitting for MONTHs, we are at 17 months wait. Decision made, they are approved, we just need an appointment to go in to pick them up.

Seeing the MInister on TV this morning talking about new cases etc... that's great, but want about the existing ones? Citizenship cases can be interviewed online, why can't PR cards OR if you need to stare them down and demoralize them, why not call them to a border crossing?
Pick them up from where? I thought PR cards are mailed to your address once issued

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Pick them up from where? I thought PR cards are mailed to your address once issued
If there are concerns about whether you are compliant with your RO or are Currently compliant with your RO you are usually asked to come pick up your PR card in person so your passport and entry/exits can be reviewed.

Reactions: CaBeaver

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Pick up from the local Immigration Office once they “open”. This is done if they want to confirm you are in residency compliance and want to check your passports etc… or…..?

Reactions: CaBeaver

liambll

Mar 22, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Singapore?
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2016
LANDED..........
01-08-2016
I sent my PR Card Renewal application beginning of Apr and confirmed delivered (CanadaPost tracking), and there is no correspondence at all so far.
This is horrible. My current card is expired now.

Is there anything I can do at all?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I sent my PR Card Renewal application beginning of Apr and confirmed delivered (CanadaPost tracking), and there is no correspondence at all so far.
This is horrible. My current card is expired now.

Is there anything I can do at all?
It's going at a very slow speed. But do relax, unless you are travelling somewhere, an expired PR card will not impact your status in Canada whatsoever. You will receive your AOR sooner than later.

Reactions: liambll