+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Sorry to bother you again, but what pr card doesn't arrive in the mail by Canada Post? Than Im stuck back home and can't come back? Please advise.
If you can enter the US, you could enter Canada through land border without a PR card, though you'd need to check which documents you need for this. Edit: there are some extra conditions for this, like you cannot enter in a public vehicle.

Otherwise, you can apply for PRTD from outside of Canada; it might take between several days and several months, probably depends on the country. Not the most ideal situation, but you should be able to return eventually.

Last edited:

kyo

Jul 21, 2023
If you can enter the US, you could enter Canada through land border without a PR card, though you'd need to check which documents you need for this.

Otherwise, you can apply for PRTD from outside of Canada; it might take between several days and several months, probably depends on the country. Not the most ideal situation, but you should be able to return eventually.
I know, but I don't want to lose my job. I hope pr card arrives tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: bas12

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to bother you again, but what pr card doesn't arrive in the mail by Canada Post? Than Im stuck back home and can't come back? Please advise.
You will NOT be stuck home. You can leave Canada without a PR Card. You would, obviously need either the renewed card (couriered to you), or a PRTD to return via a commercial carrier.

Last edited:
Reactions: kyo

Danew

Jun 22, 2023
Such a horrible experience going through this process.Applied in April when processing was at 62 days.105 days later still no pr card even after applying for urgent processing through web form which was accepted through email I received from Ircc on June 30th.Called multiple times and talked to call centre agents which is a waste of time.no updates no communication and gckey still at checking eligibility stage which I would have no issue with having lived here for 11 years.whole process is comical at best!!

a nervous applicant

Aug 9, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
19-10-2019
AOR Received.
04-03-2021
Med's Request
09-04-2021
Med's Done....
12-04-2021
LANDED..........
03-08-2021
Hi,

I'm trying to urgently submit online and the portal does not allow me to send the front of my photo (screenshot here: https://ibb.co/ngbkBGK ). Has anybody else had this issue? Thank you so much

rroh202

Oct 4, 2018
Hi All,

Here is my PR Card renewal timeline:

Application Submitted: May 18, 2023 (Online via Permanent Resident Portal)
Application Linked in IRCC account: July 27, 2023 (Randomly tried linking as previous few attempts were not successful)

Details on linked application in IRCC: (as seen on July 27, 2023 after successfully linking the application)

Application Status:
A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.
Latest update:
Review of eligibility - July 24, 2023: Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.

Status: We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
Status Updated Date: July 24, 2023
Card Received in Mail: July 28, 2023

Hope this helps. Thank you!

Karthik_S

Jan 4, 2018
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2017
Call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 . When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for AF and UK refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. The real deal is - don't wait to hear out the refugee messages
what's the best time to call them? I keep getting the message "...we are unable to transfer you to an agent..."

Karthik_S

Jan 4, 2018
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2017
I submitted the PR Renewal online on March 21st
It was returned on May 24th as they did not accept the photograph.

I re-submitted with a new photograph on May 25th.
There has been no response since then.

I am travelling abroad in September, is there any way I can expedite the request?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

I am travelling abroad in September, is there any way I can expedite the request?
Unfortunately no

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hi everyone - I got an email today saying that IRCC has received my PR renewal application through mail on June 06. How long does it typically take from this point to get the PR card?

bas12

Apr 20, 2018

You can try urgent processing, depending on the reason for travel.

id2016

Aug 15, 2016
Hi All,

Here is my PR Card renewal timeline:

Application Submitted: May 18, 2023 (Online via Permanent Resident Portal)
Application Linked in IRCC account: July 27, 2023 (Randomly tried linking as previous few attempts were not successful)

Details on linked application in IRCC: (as seen on July 27, 2023 after successfully linking the application)

Application Status:
A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.
Latest update:
Review of eligibility - July 24, 2023: Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.

Status: We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
Status Updated Date: July 24, 2023
Card Received in Mail: July 28, 2023

Hope this helps. Thank you!
Hi - how long did it take for them to start processing the application? It has been over a month and mine still shows "Submitted"

Reactions: Sugar2016

rroh202

Oct 4, 2018
Hi - how long did it take for them to start processing the application? It has been over a month and mine still shows "Submitted"
Hi, It still shows 'Submitted' on the PR Portal as many other applicants here on the portal mentioned. So, don't expect anything to change there. Looks like applications around May 15 - May 22 received their cards recently. If you applied during last week of May, you may get an update soon.

Last edited:

Manvirr

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Doc's Request.
22-11-2016
Nomination.....
24-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Med's Request
23-06-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
Hi,

I submitted application for pr card renewal under urgent. Below is the timeline. Even though it says pr card mailed on 18th july but it’s still not received at the mailing address in toronto by my friend. Does it take this long after mailed?

Latest is it says “PR Card mailed on 18th july”. it’s more than 2 weeks now. i’m surprised that they processed it under urgent very quickly but how come just the last mailing part is taking so long? Any clue.