+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

kyo

Jul 21, 2023
Call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 . When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for AF and UK refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. The real deal is - don't wait to hear out the refugee messages
Thank you

kyo

Jul 21, 2023
Call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 . When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for AF and UK refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. The real deal is - don't wait to hear out the refugee messages
I just managed to get on the phone with IRCC and they sent card to correct address on 12. July. Any idea what to do next, except to wait?

kyo

Jul 21, 2023
Hi guys, it's been 2 weeks now and my pr card has not arrived yet. Now I am panicking, I have overseas flight on Friday. O don't know what to do. Would you recomend that I go and apply for ptrd card from back home? Any ideas?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi guys, it's been 2 weeks now and my pr card has not arrived yet. Now I am panicking, I have overseas flight on Friday. O don't know what to do. Would you recomend that I go and apply for ptrd card from back home? Any ideas?
Was your card sent to correct address ? did you confirm on call with agent ?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Firstly, don't panic. By panicking you are giving up all of your power to something that is completely out of your control, right?! The Canada Post carrier is the only one in control today.

Will there be someone at your address that can receive the card in your absence? If so, they could courier the card to you abroad. Problem solved! Make sure that if you end up having to do this, that the courier understands what is being sent, since some countries may NOT allow the importation of a card that contains a RFID `chip', which a PR Card from Canada does. Having said that, I suspect those countries are in the minority.

Good luck!

kyo

Jul 21, 2023
Firstly, don't panic. By panicking you are giving up all of your power to something that is completely out of your control, right?! The Canada Post carrier is the only one in control today.

Will there be someone at your address that can receive the card in your absence? If so, they could courier the card to you abroad. Problem solved! Make sure that if you end up having to do this, that the courier understands what is being sent, since some countries may NOT allow the importation of a card that contains a RFID `chip', which a PR Card from Canada does. Having said that, I suspect those countries are in the minority.

Good luck!
Thank you, thank you. Is it safe for card to be sent by UPS?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, thank you. Is it safe for card to be sent by UPS?
With the potential UPS strike looming, I would avoid using them. Some here have reported minimal issues with DHL, but it also depends on where you would need the card sent, abroad.

kyo

Jul 21, 2023
With the potential UPS strike looming, I would avoid using them. Some here have reported minimal issues with DHL, but it also depends on where you would need the card sent, abroad.
It would need to be sent to Serbia, DHL is fine. Thanks again.

guesfrnd

Jan 10, 2018
Just a heads up everyone. I submitted my wife's application and here is the timeline.
PR Card Renewal Application submitted online: May 22, 2023.
Type: Regular - Non urgent
No updates, no email confirmation, not able to link application in gckey until today. No ecas update.
When I tried linking the application today, it showed me the following.

Review of eligibility
  • July 27, 2023 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • Not applicable.
Final decision
  • July 24, 2023 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
The system is purely broken for sure as there were no updates provided on what's going on. But I am glad they approved in 2 months and mailed the card. I hope this helps to all that are in my boat.

Reactions: stella_02

kyo

Jul 21, 2023
Sorry to bother you again, but what pr card doesn't arrive in the mail by Canada Post? Than Im stuck back home and can't come back? Please advise.