PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

srinee

Mar 6, 2021
Hello All,

Below is my PR card renewal timeline:

1) Application Type - Paper
2) Application received date - 17Apr2023
3) AOR date - 05Jul2023
3) Linked application using GC Key on 05Jul2023: Showing Decision Made (Application in progress)
4) 07Jul2023 - Showing Approved (We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.)

Hope it helps others who are tracking their application status.

Reactions: scorpion_ca

srinee

Mar 6, 2021
Unfortunately I think the answers to the first 2 questions are "No". You may try to submit another urgent application, but I think it is very likely that they won't consider your case as urgent, because it is not related to work or health or recent death...
Good thing is you still have 2 more months and it is very likely you will get your new card by the time you need to leave. Good luck!
Thank you @yoyo1104. I received an update from IRCC as per my below post.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-card-renewal-new-2022-processing-timeline.760981/post-10538069

tk785

May 24, 2021
Update:
Applied online on 6th of April
  • Called IRCC this morning for an update, they say application is still progress but not status update and nothing sent out despite being 95 days.
  • Received the UCI and Application Number to link my account.
  • Still not able to link my account with the UCI/Application number, so still in the dark :mad:
  • I hate this stupid process.
  • Yes I have ran out of patience after 3 months.

Last edited:

dimple34

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Hi All,

My application status:
Application type : Paper application
Received on : 24 April
Aor received: 10 July

Still not able to either link the application or check status on IRCC website. I see everyone saying linked application using GCkey. Cant we link it using Sign-in partner(option-2)? How should I check status, please let me know. Thanks!

Thanks!

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi All,

My application status:
Application type : Paper application
Received on : 24 April
Aor received: 10 July

Still not able to either link the application or check status on IRCC website. I see everyone saying linked application using GCkey. Cant we link it using Sign-in partner(option-2)? How should I check status, please let me know. Thanks!

Thanks!
I hope you have application number mentioned in AoR email. Use that to link as per steps here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

USA_student_to_Canada

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Update:
Applied online on 6th of April
  • Called IRCC this morning for an update, they say application is still progress but not status update and nothing sent out despite being 95 days.
  • Received the UCI and Application Number to link my account.
  • Still not able to link my account with the UCI/Application number, so still in the dark :mad:
  • I hate this stupid process.
  • Yes I have ran out of patience after 3 months.
Is this for a new pr card? Or the initial?

rahulchandy92

Jul 11, 2023
Hello Guys I will share my PR renewal timeline here:
Application sent: Feb 3
Mail Reached: Feb 9
AOR mail: Mar 7
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 9, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 7, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on March 7, 2022.
Current Status: Decision Made
Will update accordingly!
Is there an update to the timeline please?
My PR Card renewal application was received on 5-Apr.
AOR - 27-June.
Started processing the application on 27-Jun.
Current Status - In Process.

GIGSA

Nov 11, 2017
Paper application Sydney NS
Applied 12 April
Received 14 April
Aor 30 June
Decision made 5 July
Pr card received 11 July
Thanks all

Last edited:

Dansal

Star Member
Oct 4, 2022
i sent my application with post Canada 28 February. With the tracking number i saw was received 3 of March. Until today no news no email no AOL NO CONFIRMATION ....NOTHING.
What was the application for?? Any updates? I have posted the form for card never received and it’s been two weeks and no update.

AaronL

Jun 1, 2023
When had you submitted? do you think it causes delays if you switch jobs or places a lot?
Hi, I received my PR Card a month ago. I submitted the online application on April 1st. Received my PR card around June 15th.
I received an acknowledgement auto email in the first week of June and got my card delivered in couple of days. But still no status change made in the online application. So no point in following the status over there.

Reactions: YVR123