+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

sv-canadatoindia

May 10, 2023
There are no stamps for leaving the country - Canada doesn’t do passport checks at leaving, only at entry. Only your boarding pass for leaving could prove the exact date at which you left the country.
I am aware. But they used to stamp entry ones. I have from 2018 and 2019 and also stamps from home country. Someone told me its good to upload whatever we have so it helps them to verify the information. But I was wondering if it makes a difference.

tk785

May 24, 2021
Hi,

My timeline:
  • Application type: Online
  • Submitted Date: May 3, 2023
  • AOR: Waiting
Tried linking my application to GC Key, but says “No application found”. Looking at the timelines, probably be another month before I get an update.

Thanks
Same with me except I submitted mine on April 6th and still no application found, getitng a little frustrated that people who submitted after me are getitng movement, it's almost like they've lost my application.

Migueltravellover

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Same with me except I submitted mine on April 6th and still no application found, getitng a little frustrated that people who submitted after me are getitng movement, it's almost like they've lost my application.
You can try checking here and see if others have been waiting as long as you for AOR https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-pr-card-tracker.
If you’re noticing that it’s too long, you can always try to reach out to the IRCC and ask them why is AOR taking so long - from what I know renewals can take a few months so maybe it could be normal to wait that long for AOR?

Reactions: tk785

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
I submitted my application on June 15th and my card expires next month. Wondering what would happen incase the I don't receive a new card before then. Would I still be able to work?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I submitted my application on June 15th and my card expires next month. Wondering what would happen incase the I don't receive a new card before then. Would I still be able to work?
PR status does not depend on having a valid PR card. There is no need to renew the PR card to maintain PR status.

Which is to say your PR status does not expire when the PR card expires. You are still a PR with all the rights, privileges, and obligations that PRs have, including the right to work just like any other Canadian (reminder: PRs are Canadians, not Foreign Nationals; there are three groups of Canadians: citizens, permanent residents, and indigenous).

Main things: stay in compliance with the PR Residency Obligation, and you need a valid PR card to return to Canada from abroad (with exceptions; travel by private vehicle to Port-of-Entry on U.S. border for example, among others).

• Love
Reactions: MunnaReddy

Kamiste2

Jul 9, 2021
Hi everyone,

My timeline:

-Applied online on April 17th
-Return reason of 'Photos are missing'appeared on the PR portal on June 21st- Called IRCC and they informed me that my application was approved.
-Linked to GC Key on June 23rd
-Received card in the mail on June 28th

No AOR received, and return reason still appears on the PR portal.

Thanks.

tk785

May 24, 2021
Gosh I'm fuming with this process, I called the number to speak with someone regarding my application process. I chose the option for someone to ring me back as there was a 15 minute wait time. After 10 minutes my phone rings for not even a second and hangs up. They don't call back, so I call the number again and the automated bot says they're experiencing high call volume and to call back later :mad: struth oh mighty I HATE this process, why on earth do I have to wait months to renew my card and equally the same amount of time for a PRTD. Such a stupid system gets me livid.

Reactions: dimple34

Kamiste2

Jul 9, 2021
Gosh I'm fuming with this process, I called the number to speak with someone regarding my application process. I chose the option for someone to ring me back as there was a 15 minute wait time. After 10 minutes my phone rings for not even a second and hangs up. They don't call back, so I call the number again and the automated bot says they're experiencing high call volume and to call back later :mad: struth oh mighty I HATE this process, why on earth do I have to wait months to renew my card and equally the same amount of time for a PRTD. Such a stupid system gets me livid.
Try following these instructions when calling IRCC (step 2). Wait time should be 10-15 mins max

1.Link pr card using steps here - https://askkubeir.com/pr-card-application/ OR
2. Call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 . When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for AF and UK refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. The real deal is - don't wait to hear out the refugee messages .Once you get hold of an agent, ask for your PR card application number ( it starts with letter "R"). You can go to step 1 and link your card application

tk785

May 24, 2021
Try following these instructions when calling IRCC (step 2). Wait time should be 10-15 mins max

1.Link pr card using steps here - https://askkubeir.com/pr-card-application/ OR
2. Call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 . When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for AF and UK refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. The real deal is - don't wait to hear out the refugee messages .Once you get hold of an agent, ask for your PR card application number ( it starts with letter "R"). You can go to step 1 and link your card application
I appreciate the help, though I know all of this already. The trouble is they were meant to call me back and hung up straight away as if they couldn't be bothered. And now I can't get through at all.

tk785

May 24, 2021
Update:
I spoke to IRCC over the phone today after hours of trying to get through, was very tempted to complain about what happened earlier in the morning but couldn't bring myself to be that guy. Anyway the lady over the phone was polite and helpful. She said my application is in progress and I should receive my card in the next 7-10 days. Good to hear but I'll remain cautiously optimistic for now.

My Timeline:
Applied April 6th via Online
Never received an AOR
Was never able to link my application
Application still says 'submitted'
Apparently receiving card in the next week or so, waiting time for me 3 months almost and counting

charlesbroski

Star Member
May 19, 2022
Hi,

My timeline:
  • Application type: Online
  • Submitted Date: May 3, 2023
  • AOR: Waiting
Tried linking my application to GC Key, but says “No application found”. Looking at the timelines, probably be another month before I get an update.

Thanks
UPDATE:
Application Linked to GC Key: July 3, 2023
Status Update: Shipped - July 6, 2023

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applications received on April 19 via regular mail
Received an AOR on July 6
Just linked applications
Application still says 'submitted'

How long does it take to receive the PR cards after AOR?

Reactions: dimple34

sv-canadatoindia

May 10, 2023
Even if you dont link your online application to GC Key, you still get the AOR right ? we just need to keep checking the online account we created for updates right?