+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

dimple34

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
I am planning to renew my PR card. Can I apply online and is it faster?
Currently it looks like its faster. Its taking around 2 months considering everything in your file is correct while in paper application its taking 3 months and 2 weeks. Thats what I have observed from last few weeks of messages here, but yeah do your research and make the call.

Reactions: MunnaReddy

dimple34

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
I had applied for renewal on Apr 5th. I didn't get any AOR or email, but I was able to finally link my application using GCkey today (after trying everyday for last couple weeks). It says my application was approved on June 9th, with latest status being 'review of eligibility' updated on June 13th and card sent via mail.

In how many days should I expect the card in mail? Also, I am traveling out of country on 15th June (tomorrow). Can I still use my previous PR card upon return to Canada in a few weeks? This original PR card expires end of the year. Or will this be a problem? Looking for some help and answers.
Did you apply paper based or online?

Dansal

Star Member
Oct 4, 2022
Can you please mention the website where you’re able to check the status of your card? Is this for renewal or first time?

ucantseeme

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Can anyone tell how to apply PR renewal online? I checked the IRCC website, but only found the paper-based process. Any help is appreciated.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Applied/Sent on paper: March 13 via registered courrier
Filed Opened: June 9th
File Processed: Same day or June 14th
Received card: June 16th

It goes pretty fast if all papers are in order and correct. I hope the rest of you waiting receive it soon and get over your hurdles.

Reactions: amruta123

sv-canadatoindia

May 10, 2023
Question 3.5 of the form asks "have you ever been issued any of the following documents -1) travel document 2)PRTD . I am confused what do they mean by travel document? Isnt COPR and PR card also a travel document?

sv-canadatoindia

May 10, 2023
Do we have to submit supporting documents as proof of residency that we were here for over 730 days? I thought just sharing travel history is the form is enough. but the wording is confusing. but int eh document checklist, they have a checkbox for proof of residency. Please help guys!! :(

silviosilvio

Jun 11, 2023
i sent my application with post Canada 28 February. With the tracking number i saw was received 3 of March. Until today no news no email no AOL NO CONFIRMATION ....NOTHING.