+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied for card renewal under urgent on Mar29th, no update yet. Any idea what and when to expect next ?

Andrea1199

Dec 8, 2022
November 1, 2022 - PR card renewal submitted via Permanent Resident Portal.
December 5, 2022 - application was returned stating the reason for the return as "Photos are missing".
December 8, 2022 - re-uploaded the photos and resubmitted the application.

Since then, no updates.

Called them countless times. No new information.

Not linking (GKay) or showing anywhere (ECAS I guess).

I reached out to MP some time ago, and they contacted IRCC and informed me that my application had not started processing yet and I need to wait further.

Not sure what I am waiting for. It has been 5.5. months now and they didn't start processing my application. Wait for what?

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
November 1, 2022 - PR card renewal submitted via Permanent Resident Portal.
December 5, 2022 - application was returned stating the reason for the return as "Photos are missing".
December 8, 2022 - re-uploaded the photos and resubmitted the application.

Since then, no updates.

Called them countless times. No new information.

Not linking (GKay) or showing anywhere (ECAS I guess).

I reached out to MP some time ago, and they contacted IRCC and informed me that my application had not started processing yet and I need to wait further.

Not sure what I am waiting for. It has been 5.5. months now and they didn't start processing my application. Wait for what?
What about submitting a new application? I mean just ignore the current one. I think I came across a post saying that they just do so and the second application got through normally. Just my two cents and hope it helps a bit. This is so frustrating for us all:-(

Reactions: Andrea1199

Andrea1199

Dec 8, 2022
What about submitting a new application? I mean just ignore the current one. I think I came across a post saying that they just do so and the second application got through normally. Just my two cents and hope it helps a bit. This is so frustrating for us all:-(
Yes, I am thinking about this now. However, it's extremely frustrating to accept the fact that my application fee and the time/effort I spent on the existing application will be wasted in this case. Nobody will compensate me for this.

Karthik_S

Jan 4, 2018
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2017
Hi does anyone know how to track the application?

my application status just shows 'Submitted', and the 'View' button is greyed out.

torono24

May 3, 2023
How to find the application number for online PR card renewal application? I need it to talk to IRCC helpline about the status of my application. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

SAIPRASANNA

May 21, 2017
Finally got an update on my application and card has been mailed as of today. See below for timeline.
Application Type - Online
Original Submission Date - Feb 5th, 2023
Application Returned - March 13th, 2023 - I was not given a reason on the application or via email. Resubmitted it by completing the signature section.
Linked to GC Key - May 15th, 2023
PR Card approved and Mailed - May 16th, 2023
Did you received your card yet? I am in the same scenario as you are.
Original Submission Date - Feb 13th, 2023
Application Returned - March 20th, 2023 - I was not given a reason on the application or via email. Resubmitted it by completing the signature section.
Linked to GC Key - May 23rd, 2023
I have my travel tickets booked on June 6th so i am curious when i will be receiving my PR card.
Just want to understand the time take from the PR Card approval status and when you received your physical card in mail.

Last edited:

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Did you received your card yet? I am in the same scenario as you are.
Original Submission Date - Feb 13th, 2023
Application Returned - March 20th, 2023 - I was not given a reason on the application or via email. Resubmitted it by completing the signature section.
Linked to GC Key - May 23rd, 2023
I have my travel tickets booked on June 6th so i am curious when i will be receiving my PR card.
Just want to understand the time take from the PR Card approval status and when you received your physical card in mail.
Yes I received the card on May 19th. Honestly did not expect it to be delivered in 3 days

Last edited: