Mar 6, 2020
Canada Post mail 5 Feb
Sydney received 9 Feb
AOR 28 April
gckey account profile updated 11 May
Ecas still showing in progress

Update 1: gckey still showing submitted 12 May
ecas status changed to Dm 12 May

Update 2: this morning called ircc to find out what's going on, cause the Update 1 not moving. The nice lady said indeed exceed normal processing time and she ll flag then send to correspond officer to take a look

Anyway, just checked gckey showing profile updated, click in,showing approved

Regarding ecas showing DM, click in, nothing changed yet, still saying we are processing

Well, I guess soon should receive card for my son.

Wish u all who still waiting a good luck
Be patient, to the best

myreplies1975yh

May 2, 2023
When does the count of 83 days start? From the delivery of courir package?
I think it is from the time all the application is all in good shape and processing has begun until a decision is made. Dont think it includes time taken for application review or printing of PR cards etc.

sv-canadatoindia

May 10, 2023
In the PR card renewal paper application form, I noticed that they haven't asked for the mailing address explicitly. in the online form they do, but not paper. There is address history but they should specifically ask for the mailing address right? else how will they know where to mail it? please tell me what I am missing here!

sv-canadatoindia

May 10, 2023
What luck! so many posts encouraged paper applications late last year, which I mailed and arrived in Sydney March 13th. Now I hear its faster online. My fault for not sending it in even earlier. I will have completed 2 years continuous stay in Canada this June with all taxes paid. Please let me know if you guys hear of any March applicants receiving their card. I also have not been able to link online, since it only finds my approved card from many years ago.
Really? how do you know online is quicker than paper now?

sv-canadatoindia

May 10, 2023
Hello,
Any news regarding paper applications submitted in March 2023 for pr card renewal? My application was delivered on 16Mar2023 still no update its almost 2 months now. Anyone else sailing in the same boat?
HI, in paper application, I noticed that they havent asked for mailing address in the form. they ask address history but not mailing address? how will they know where to mail the new card then. Please help :(

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Finally got an update on my application and card has been mailed as of today. See below for timeline.
Application Type - Online
Original Submission Date - Feb 5th, 2023
Application Returned - March 13th, 2023 - I was not given a reason on the application or via email. Resubmitted it by completing the signature section.
Linked to GC Key - May 15th, 2023
PR Card approved and Mailed - May 16th, 2023

VanMTG

May 4, 2023
When does the count of 83 days start? From the delivery of courir package?
This is from the IRCC website and hope it helps somewhat, though doesn't mention if it means they just counts business days.
"When does my processing time start?
Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision.

If you apply by mail, the processing time starts when your application arrives in our mailroom.

If you apply online or in-person, it starts when you submit your application."

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
This is from the IRCC website and hope it helps somewhat, though doesn't mention if it means they just counts business days.
Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision.

If you apply by mail, the processing time starts when your application arrives in our mailroom.

And if your application is returned, the new submission date is your 'first day's of processing. Not sure if everyone agrees on that.

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017

This is absolutely useful! Thanks a lot!!!

Reactions: amruta123