PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

Calgary2022

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
UPDATE

Renewal of PR card

Jan 4 2023 Submitted online
Feb 15 2023 returned, missing photo
-I was advise that it is better if I send a paper application, because my application is urgent.
Feb 20 2023 paper application delivered, with a new set of picture
April 24 2023 sent an online application again, because I really need my PR for work
May 8 2023 called them and says they can’t find my paper application, and the online one is not in process yet.
May 11 2023 received card

No email, cant link on both Ecas or GC key. Uplication online status is still submitted. And they used the 1st photo I sent the 1st time lol

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
UPDATE

Renewal of PR card

Jan 4 2023 Submitted online
Feb 15 2023 returned, missing photo
-I was advise that it is better if I send a paper application, because my application is urgent.
Feb 20 2023 paper application delivered, with a new set of picture
April 24 2023 sent an online application again, because I really need my PR for work
May 8 2023 called them and says they can’t find my paper application, and the online one is not in process yet.
May 11 2023 received card

No email, cant link on both Ecas or GC key. Uplication online status is still submitted. And they used the 1st photo I sent the 1st time lol
What a mess...so you file three applications and they say they cannot find any of them...and you received your card with the photo you send them for the first time but officially returned?
This is a great experience

• Haha
Reactions: CNP

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
What a mess...so you file three applications and they say they cannot find any of them...and you received your card with the photo you send them for the first time but officially returned?
Agree .. what an unique experience indeed !

Calgary2022

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
I know right! You would never imagine how many times I called them! And to receive the 1st picture that they rejected, I have no words.. maybe they’re busy

Michael W

Mar 6, 2020
Canada Post mail 5 Feb
Sydney received 9 Feb
AOR 28 April
gckey account profile updated 11 May
Ecas still showing in progress

Update: gckey still showing submitted 12 May
ecas status changed to Dm 12 May

Anand2021

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
Canada Post mail 5 Feb
Sydney received 9 Feb
AOR 28 April
gckey account profile updated 11 May
Ecas still showing in progress

Update: gckey still showing submitted 12 May
ecas status changed to Dm 12 May
Congratulations @Michael W , You will get your son's card within a 1 week or so. I just have one question, in the GC key account, what dates it shows for
Date Submitted(on the home page grid) and When I go inside the application by clicking "Check full application status", what is the Date Received?

myreplies1975yh

May 2, 2023
People who got their renewal PR card delivered to you. Did all of you get an AOR before the card was received. Or only some got AOR?. Is it consistent?

Michael W

Mar 6, 2020
Congratulations @Michael W , You will get your son's card within a 1 week or so. I just have one question, in the GC key account, what dates it shows for
Date Submitted(on the home page grid) and When I go inside the application by clicking "Check full application status", what is the Date Received?
1. date shows AOR date(home page grid)
2. date shows their received canada Post date (full application status)

Reactions: Anand2021

vsagar151

May 12, 2023
Hi All, this is the timeline for my PR card renewal.

Jan 30: Submitted the application using online PR portal
March 6: Application was returned with 'Incomplete Application' reason and 'View' button was enabled. I checked everything and found no issues.
March 6: Re-submitted the application same day without changing anything. Application status changed to 'Submitted' with new submission date and the return reason was still visible.
April 26: Return reason 'Incomplete application' disappeared from the portal.
May 12: Received my renewed PR card in the mail box

I did not get AOR.I was not able to link my application using GC Key.I could not find my application status using ECAS. Application status in the online PR portal is still 'Submitted'. I was a bit concerned that my frequent travel history (14 entries) could delay the application but I am surprised to see the card today without any updates.

Reactions: MathToStat

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
Hi All, this is the timeline for my PR card renewal.

Jan 30: Submitted the application using online PR portal
March 6: Application was returned with 'Incomplete Application' reason and 'View' button was enabled. I checked everything and found no issues.
March 6: Re-submitted the application same day without changing anything. Application status changed to 'Submitted' with new submission date and the return reason was still visible.
April 26: Return reason 'Incomplete application' disappeared from the portal.
May 12: Received my renewed PR card in the mail box

I did not get AOR.I was not able to link my application using GC Key.I could not find my application status using ECAS. Application status in the online PR portal is still 'Submitted'. I was a bit concerned that my frequent travel history (14 entries) could delay the application but I am surprised to see the card today without any updates.
Congratulation! Maybe they just want to charge you twice for the application fee:)

shaheersinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
16th Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
No request
Med's Request
29th May 2016
Med's Done....
6th May 2016
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
25th July 2016
LANDED..........
Scheduled on 12th Aug
Guys, happy to say that I received the PR card in my mail today.

My PR Portal is still the same. Only shows submitted. Never received AOR confirmation. Applied online on 2 February 2023. Either way, happy that I got it and can travel now.

Reactions: MathToStat

shaheersinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
16th Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
No request
Med's Request
29th May 2016