Mid oct 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM 8th feb 2015, PPR 11th Feb 2015
Last edited:

torono24

May 3, 2023
Appreciate your response. We are already working on this and the lawyer recommends to wait until 2 years..Can she get a job with expired PR card ?
Technically it's not expired as of now. She should try to get a job before Sept 2023 when her current card expires. I think that's her best option.

myreplies1975yh

May 2, 2023
My renewed PR card was mailed yesterday. Here's my timeline:

March 6: submitted the application online
May 4: "incomplete application" appeared under the return reason section with no email notification to request anything. Also able to link my application with GC key and got the AOR.
May 8: my pr card was mailed. I saw this updates in GC key. my pr portal says still "incomplete application" so I'm sure it's a glitch like what @jeff198901 said.
Under GCKey does the renewal show part of the original application(when the first card was sent). Or does it show as a seperate application and you see more than one application(including the original card application). Can you confirm?. I only see the original application, not the one for renewal.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Under GCKey does the renewal show part of the original application(when the first card was sent). Or does it show as a seperate application and you see more than one application(including the original card application). Can you confirm?. I only see the original application, not the one for renewal.
It should show separate applications - original and renewal. However renewal application wont show up automatically.

Try to find and link your renewal application using steps here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

If it says already linked, your renewal application is not yet picked up for processing.

Reactions: myreplies1975yh

gataM

Nov 6, 2018
That's nice to hear!! I submitted mine on the 6th Mar late night as well for renewal. So far no updates yet and I am not able to link my application on GC Key either. Were you able to link yours and did you receive any emails with application number or any sort of communication while your application was being processed?

Mine is expiring on the Jun 5th and I have a travel scheduled on 9th Jun, quite nervous of the timeline overall.
I was able to link my application with GC key in the same day (May 4) when I saw "incomplete application" on my pr portal. I didn't receive any notification from IRCC but had AOR as soon as I linked my application on GC key.

Reactions: MathToStat

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
I was able to link my application with GC key in the same day (May 4) when I saw "incomplete application" on my pr portal. I didn't receive any notification from IRCC but had AOR as soon as I linked my application on GC key.
May I know how do you link application with GC key? Thank you very much!

joeschmoe

Apr 17, 2018
Hi folks, hopefully someone can give me some pointers here - my wife is a permanent resident whose card is expiring early next year. She's currently in another country on a work assignment, but we would obviously prefer to renew her PR card before it expires. What's the best way to get this done? I guess we could do the renewal application online, but the website says you must be present in Canada to apply to renew... So one way is she comes back for a few weeks to Canada to apply for the card renewal. Will it be mailed after it's processed or will she have to go pick it up? Anyone have similar situation and how was it handled?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hello CNP,

Thank you for your kind help! I followed the instructions, however, it says the application already exists in my account. I checked and found it was my old PR card application. But this time is the renewal. What should I do? Does anyone have similar problem?

Thanks in advance.
Your renewal card processing has not started yet and hence it is finding the old application. Keep trying to link as whenever the new card processing starts, you should be able to find and link

Reactions: MathToStat

myreplies1975yh

May 2, 2023
It should show separate applications - original and renewal. However renewal application wont show up automatically.

Try to find and link your renewal application using steps here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

If it says already linked, your renewal application is not yet picked up for processing.
Thanks. I was able to find out the renewal application this week. I had to use a different search (used Family Last name option instead of UCI) and was able to find it. I see that the date on the portal shows besides the submitted status and date on the application on gckey is same. Its been more than 3 full months, I have followed up on webform as well

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi folks, hopefully someone can give me some pointers here - my wife is a permanent resident whose card is expiring early next year. She's currently in another country on a work assignment, but we would obviously prefer to renew her PR card before it expires. What's the best way to get this done? I guess we could do the renewal application online, but the website says you must be present in Canada to apply to renew... So one way is she comes back for a few weeks to Canada to apply for the card renewal. Will it be mailed after it's processed or will she have to go pick it up? Anyone have similar situation and how was it handled?
Does she current (and will she) meet RO? She can ONLY renew her PR card when she is inside Canada and meet her RO.

It may be mailed to the address or she may be requested to pickup in person. It's hard to tell at this point.