+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Submitted a webform in Feb and got reply in Mar saying that we are processing your application.

Let's see what they have to say the next time the call goes through.
Frustrated indeed. For
It has been almost 6 months for my PR card renewal (Online). I have called them several times and sent online forms. All they say is that it is processing, in the meantime, nothing happens. What can I do?

This frustration started affecting my mental health. I can't work and keep focused on what I do.

I moved to Canada to live a better life in a developed first-world country. My experience has been the complete opposite and this PR renewal is not the only thing.
Sue IRCC for sure. We can all be your witness :)

Reactions: Lilly 12

Hinka7

Apr 4, 2023
I can’t find anything about whether resident card services will be interrupted by the cra strike. I’m assuming the two things are unrelated, right?

edit: different unions

Last edited:

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
I can’t find anything about whether resident card services will be interrupted by the cra strike. I’m assuming the two things are unrelated, right?

edit: different unions
I’m afraid it is related. There are articles listing what branches will be affected and they list IRCC

rishabh4000

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Finally received AOR just now. Also, able to link the application using the GC key.

Paper Application Submitted (UPS) - Feb 06
Application Delivered - Feb 09 (redirected by UPS to New Waterford, NS IRCC Office)
AOR - April 18
Did you receive email or mail for the AOR?

rishabh4000

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Did you get your PR card?

My application was approved and card was mailed today.

My timeline is running a week behind yours so expecting to get it by mail also a week after you get it!
For uploading the photographs online, where did you get it done? Do you have to add the address/date behind the photo?

Shamira

Apr 19, 2023
Hi all,
I have been trying to upload the back of the photo and having issues uploading. After converting to JPEG / PNG and checking the pixels - and uploading the back of the photo- it still shows as 'upload'. Anyone faced this issue and resolved it? Please advise. Thanks.

Apr 19, 2023
Hi all,

I sent in my PR card renewal application for which it will arrive there tomorrow April 20th. I have a flight in October 11, do you think I would get my PR in time? A little bit concerned now considering the strike...