+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

Andrea1199

Dec 8, 2022
I landed on 9-Nov-2022 and have since been waiting for my first PR Card. My dependents received their PR Cards within 1-2 months of first landing, but I have received no communication whatsoever (GCKey application shows submitted with no update).

Not able to travel outside Canada without PR Card. And IRCC phone line also not connecting. Frustrating...
Try the calling method recommended in this thread, it's when after the message about the UCI number you press 330 as soon as the other messages start playing.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I landed on 9-Nov-2022 and have since been waiting for my first PR Card. My dependents received their PR Cards within 1-2 months of first landing, but I have received no communication whatsoever (GCKey application shows submitted with no update).

Not able to travel outside Canada without PR Card. And IRCC phone line also not connecting. Frustrating...
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-cards-not-received-after-5-months-of-arrival.792612/#post-10429959

Try as per post #5

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Experts,

Please advise.

My family (Wife and son is in India) and their PR card is expiring in Aug'2023.

Now since I'm in Canada Can I apply for PR Renew online application for them since they are outside Canada.

IRCC Says you cannot apply for PR Renew outside from Canada
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

You need a valid permanent resident (PR) card to return to Canada by plane, train, bus or boat. If you know your card will expire when you’re travelling, renew it before you leave. You can only renew your card in Canada. We don’t send PR cards to non-Canadian addresses and we don’t allow third parties to get them for you.

Even in the application form they have questions - are you outside of Canada while submitting this applicaiton

So since they are out of Canada, Can I be their representative and apply online for PR Renewal?
They will need a PRTD to return to Canada via a commercial carrier. Their only other option, besides the obvious one (return to Canada before the cards expire, then apply to renew) would be to fly to the U.S. and then enter Canada in a private vehicle (or by foot) at a land PoE.

Ren26

Apr 21, 2021
I did attach the PR card application to my account around Feb and it says submitted since then.

Called IRCC multiple times - every time the agent adds a note to the application and asks me to wait for an update/communication within 4-6 weeks.

I'm due to call them this week but maybe due to the strike the call doesn't go through.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017

submit a webform

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Submitted a webform in Feb and got reply in Mar saying that we are processing your application.

Let's see what they have to say the next time the call goes through.
I’d submit another webform

beckham05

Nov 22, 2016
PR Card renewal applicant here.

Applied online: Feb 18, 2023
Got email to re-submit photos via mail: April 04, 2023
Mailed the same day
Mail reached late due to long weekend: April 11, 2023
Application linked: April 18, 2023
Saw the status update after linking application. It says PR card has been approved and mailed on April 18, 2023.
It might take upto 6 weeks to receive the card.

Good luck to all who're still waiting.

Andrea1199

Dec 8, 2022
It has been almost 6 months for my PR card renewal (Online). I have called them several times and sent online forms. All they say is that it is processing, in the meantime, nothing happens. What can I do?

This frustration started affecting my mental health. I can't work and keep focused on what I do.

I moved to Canada to live a better life in a developed first-world country. My experience has been the complete opposite and this PR renewal is not the only thing.

nniyyyg

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
I have submit my PR renew application on Feb 17th. not update, no link to my GCKey. no response for my webform. OMG