+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

Anand2021

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
Hi,
Just wanted to let you know, I was able to link my application today by Family name, Given Name and DOB. The status now says my application was approved yesterday and they have mailed my PR card. The PR portal still says submitted. Never received an AOR.
Congratulations. One question, when you tried to link, did you use a separate GC key account OR the GC key account you used which has your first PR card application linked?

wow777

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Congratulations. One question, when you tried to link, did you use a separate GC key account OR the GC key account you used which has your first PR card application linked?
Thank you! So my previous GC key is not active anymore. I created a new one a couple of months ago and linked all my previous applications to that GC key. So I am using only one at the moment, and I linked this renewal application to that one.

Reactions: Anand2021

SS@RS

Mar 23, 2023
Have you tried linking to gckey?
Try calling the IRCC , I was unable to link my application after trying multiple times for a month , but when I called today the agent said that the application is approved and has been mailed , I hope I receive it soo as I have an upcoming travel mid of April

Reactions: Rk1989

Anand2021

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
Try calling the IRCC , I was unable to link my application after trying multiple times for a month , but when I called today the agent said that the application is approved and has been mailed , I hope I receive it soo as I have an upcoming travel mid of April
that's great news. Congratulations. When did you submit your application? Was it online or Paper?

SS@RS

Mar 23, 2023
that's great news. Congratulations. When did you submit your application? Was it online or Paper?
Thank You , I applied online on 20th February, there was no AOR , online it still shows submitted , no email update from IRCC , I was never able to link my application to CIC . However I could link my son application to cic when I tried today and that had the status update . After trying like 7 times I could finally reach out to IRCC agent , so I think we need to he really patient if we need information from them

Rk1989

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Thank You , I applied online on 20th February, there was no AOR , online it still shows submitted , no email update from IRCC , I was never able to link my application to CIC . However I could link my son application to cic when I tried today and that had the status update . After trying like 7 times I could finally reach out to IRCC agent , so I think we need to he really patient if we need information from them
Ughh.. i submitted online feb 18th and unable to link or find status. I called them yesterday and they said they’re still processing the “last week of january” (been saying this for past 2 weeks) and said I will get an AOR when they get to mine.. clearly their system is not working right :/… on top of that my portal has the “incomplete application” glitch where a return reason is listed but i cannot click the view button. I have a vacation coming up second week of May so this is quite stressful!

SS@RS

Mar 23, 2023
Ughh.. i submitted online feb 18th and unable to link or find status. I called them yesterday and they said they’re still processing the “last week of january” (been saying this for past 2 weeks) and said I will get an AOR when they get to mine.. clearly their system is not working right :/… on top of that my portal has the “incomplete application” glitch where a return reason is listed but i cannot click the view button. I have a vacation coming up second week of May so this is quite stressful!
I understand your frustration, I was in a similar situation, however the IRCC agent told me last time when I contacted them that we always have an option of applying for PRTD and if you meet your residency obligations, you should not be worrying . However I provided more than required documents for both of our applications just to be on the safer side , I hope everything goes well for you too , I am sure you will have a update soon too.

Reactions: Rk1989

Rk1989

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
I understand your frustration, I was in a similar situation, however the IRCC agent told me last time when I contacted them that we always have an option of applying for PRTD and if you meet your residency obligations, you should not be worrying . However I provided more than required documents for both of our applications just to be on the safer side , I hope everything goes well for you too , I am sure you will have a update soon too.
PRTD would be possible if my vacation was more than a week long.. only going for 6 days lol.. fingers crossed I get good news soon!

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Quick update regarding my online application:
Initial Online Submission: Feb 5th
Update as Incomplete: Feb 28th - For some reason, the signature part of the application was marked Incomplete and I had to resubmit it online that day.

Called IRCC today and was told they can't see the application number yet. Which means it's still need to be looked at.

Anyone from Feb online submission have any updates so far?

legaltrr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2023
Quick update regarding my online application:
Initial Online Submission: Feb 5th
Update as Incomplete: Feb 28th - For some reason, the signature part of the application was marked Incomplete and I had to resubmit it online that day.

Called IRCC today and was told they can't see the application number yet. Which means it's still need to be looked at.

Anyone from Feb online submission have any updates so far?
how did you reach out to them.. i have been trying to call but cant get through. any particular time to call them?

Rk1989

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
how did you reach out to them.. i have been trying to call but cant get through. any particular time to call them?
Either call really early like 8:30am ish or between 1-3. I had to wait around 30mins both times.. always choose 2 for no uci number.. i find when i enter my uci the call doesn’t go through.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
This is what I have been suggesting for sometime now :)

1. Link pr card using steps here - https://askkubeir.com/pr-card-application/ OR
2. Call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 . When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for AF and UK refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. The real deal is - don't wait to hear out the refugee messages .Once you get hold of an agent, ask for your PR card application number ( it starts with letter "R"). You can go to step 1 and link your card application

Hinka7

Apr 4, 2023
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone can offer me some advice.

Waiting for my Hungarian passport to arrive (3 weeks guaranteed) and I’ll be filling out my resident card renewal on May 1st. My trip to the US is on July 24th and my plane ticket is already purchased. What are the chances of it coming in 63 days (this is according to the renewal times online), and is there anything I can do to speed up the process?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
December 7th, 2022 - applied for PR card using the online portal

December 29th, 2022 - returned due to photos missing and resubmitted the same day

January 24th, 2023 - returned due to photos missing and resubmitted the same day using a digital photo

March 13th , 2023 - linked to GCKey

March 24th, 2023 - ghost update

March 28th, 2023 - Received an email stating there was an update which was the approval

April 3rd, 2023 - received PR Card in the mail
What is up with missing photos? You cannot submit online application without the photos.