+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all! Would it be okay to ask a couple questions here before I send in my pr renewal app? Let me know if this is the wrong spot, but my questions are short and to the point so it didn't seem like enough to start a whole thread over. Questions are below assuming it's okay and I don't need to move it.

- If I have been in Canada the whole past 5 years, do I need to provide proof of residency? It sounds like you only need to provide proof of residency if you had gaps in that time period.

- Do I need to include the pr card itself if I'm renewing? I read that if you're renewing to just send a photocopy. The "replacing" is for lost and damaged cards, right (and for that I would need to send the actual card)?

Thanks so much, everyone!

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hi all! Would it be okay to ask a couple questions here before I send in my pr renewal app? Let me know if this is the wrong spot, but my questions are short and to the point so it didn't seem like enough to start a whole thread over. Questions are below assuming it's okay and I don't need to move it.

- If I have been in Canada the whole past 5 years, do I need to provide proof of residency? It sounds like you only need to provide proof of residency if you had gaps in that time period.

- Do I need to include the pr card itself if I'm renewing? I read that if you're renewing to just send a photocopy. The "replacing" is for lost and damaged cards, right (and for that I would need to send the actual card)?

Thanks so much, everyone!
1. You don't need t provide proof of residency. You only need to fill the dates when you travelled outside Canada for work or vacation after you became PR. They will calculate the dates and as long as you have been in Canada for 730 days out of 5 years, you are eligible for renewal.

2. You do not need to include the original card with your application. Seems like you are doing paper application. You only need to include photocopy. The verbiage on their site is misleading.

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You don't need t provide proof of residency. You only need to fill the dates when you travelled outside Canada for work or vacation after you became PR. They will calculate the dates and as long as you have been in Canada for 730 days out of 5 years, you are eligible for renewal.

2. You do not need to include the original card with your application. Seems like you are doing paper application. You only need to include photocopy. The verbiage on their site is misleading.
Thanks so much for clearing that up, pHrankee! I appreciate your help, that's just what I needed to know.

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
How many days after we can link or check the application status once we receive AOR. Currently, am unable to find the application on ECAS.

May 3, 2017
Guys landed in Toronto on 2nd February 2023 and linked application a week before. Today got an update in cic account that my application has been approved. ( 8 March 2023 )
How many days will it take to receive the card at my address?