+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

AniArch

Feb 18, 2018
My PR Card is approved and the timeline is ;

- Application submitted: Jan 04 , 2023 (submitted online using the PR card portal)
- Able to link the application to the IRCC portal: Feb 15, 2023
- Application approved: Feb 20, 2023

A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.

Latest update:
Final decision - February 20, 2023:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

Reactions: Calgary2022

Wab2010

Feb 21, 2023
Hi Guys, i wanted to share my PR renewal timeline.

online application submission: Oct 19, 2022
I called IRCC on Jan 19, 2023, since I didn’t get any update

on Feb 10, 2023 i got a ghost updated
On Feb 15, 2023, got approval and Pr sent
On Feb 21, 2023 PR received by mail.

my recommendation is you have to call them after 90 days.
all the best for you all.

apple0980

Feb 1, 2023
My PR Card is approved and the timeline is ;

- Application submitted: Jan 04 , 2023 (submitted online using the PR card portal)
- Able to link the application to the IRCC portal: Feb 15, 2023
- Application approved: Feb 20, 2023

A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.

Latest update:
Final decision - February 20, 2023:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
Did you ask for urgent processing?

AniArch

Feb 18, 2018
Did you ask for urgent processing?
Yes... as my work involves travel to US. Though I do not think urgent processing may have made it faster. As I see @Adoragreen timeline similar a week ahead from me. Also I submitted my spouse's application online "without" urgent processing 4 days later than mine.. on 8th Jan and I was able to link her application on GC Key on 17th Feb. Waiting for her approval this else next week. Will update if we get it.

Reactions: Adoragreen

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this is something that other people are facing or not. We applied for my wife's PR card renewal online and the application was submitted on the online portal on Oct-25. Up till now, the application status is still submitted and there have been no updates. The processing time of PR card renewal shows as 77 days and the processing time has passed more than a month ago.

I tried calling IRCC so many times but I always get the message that they are unable to transfer my call due to a high volume of calls. I asked them about the status using the web form and there has been no response for more than 2 weeks.

Are there any issues with online PR card renewal applications? I see that there is no option to apply for it online now as you have to submit it in person.
Is anyone facing the same issue? What are the timelines now for PR card renewals?

Thanks!
Did you try linking your application to IRCC portal?

kghayesh

Jul 3, 2012
Hi Guys, i wanted to share my PR renewal timeline.

online application submission: Oct 19, 2022
I called IRCC on Jan 19, 2023, since I didn’t get any update

on Feb 10, 2023 i got a ghost updated
On Feb 15, 2023, got approval and Pr sent
On Feb 21, 2023 PR received by mail.

my recommendation is you have to call them after 90 days.
all the best for you all.
How did you get to call them? I have called them at least 20 times now and all I get is the "we are unable to transfer your call due to high volumes" message. I called them today at 7:59 AM and I still got the same message!

Wab2010

Feb 21, 2023
How did you get to call them? I have called them at least 20 times now and all I get is the "we are unable to transfer your call due to high volumes" message. I called them today at 7:59 AM and I still got the same message!
You can send them a web form as well, but you have to keep trying to call, try calling afternoon instead of morning.

LeThaiKhanhHa

Sep 17, 2017
Hi everyone,
Is it possible to create several PR card renewal applications under one login credential as I have to renew my and my children's PR cards? Or do I need to create a separate account for each application?
When I clicked on the tab to create a second applicaiton, the following error message popped up "Please note, you currently have an application in progress. If you would like to resume with completing that application, please visit the “View my applications” page."
Was wondering if I completed and submitted my application first, would the system allow me to initiate another application for my kid after that? Has anyone tried that? Did it work?
I don't mind registering more accounts, just thought that applications under the same account may be processed together and easier to keep track.
TIA

Last edited:

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I tried logging in to the IRCC portal and I can't login to my account so I tried to create a new account but I am not sure where do I get the invite code from?
when you say IRCC portal,I hope you mean GCkey account. Not sure why you need to create a new account

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
Hi, anyone who had applied in Jan 2023 for PR card renewal, paper based application. I have sent the documents on Jan 16th and it had delivered on Jan 18th. No AOR yet and the current processing times shows as 68days.

Reactions: iyerrb123

Anand2021

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
Hi, anyone who had applied in Jan 2023 for PR card renewal, paper based application. I have sent the documents on Jan 16th and it had delivered on Jan 18th. No AOR yet and the current processing times shows as 68days.
I applied for a PR renewal, paper-based. My application was delivered on Feb 09th. No updates yet. It was delivered by UPS to,
3050 Wilson Ave
New Waterford, NS B1H 5V8.

Did your application also deliver to the same address?