+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

CHECKSUM

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Hi All, I applied for PR renewal online along with my other family members but one of the application status is showing "Primary identification is not provided". I submitted all the required documents so not sure why they mentioned this reason and also, there is no option to view or submit anything and the application status still shows submitted. Is anyone also facing the same issue? and what can be done in this situation?

Last edited:

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
There was issues with the photo I had sent the first 2 times but never an error message telling me what was wrong. Just “photos are missing”. The last time I resubmitted there was an error message about the quality of the pictures. There needs to be more information in the return reason , not just “photos are missing”. I don’t trust those agents one bit. They are notorious for giving inaccurate information and bad advice.
Maybe not the photo quality issue. I noticed this from another case, the guy who faced the same "photos are missing" didn't change anything and just click submit again...and received his card two month later

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Maybe not the photo quality issue. I noticed this from another case, the guy who faced the same "photos are missing" didn't change anything and just click submit again...and received his card two month later
I had an error message on the front photo that said that quality was not good enough. I resubmitted using the same photos the first time and it was returned again. The first time I never saw an error message though.

Adoragreen

Feb 11, 2023
My PR Card is approved and the timeline is ;

- Application submitted: Jan 01 , 2023 (submitted online using the PR card portal)
- Able to link the application to the IRCC portal: Feb 10, 2023
- Application approved: Feb 17, 2023

A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.

Latest update:
Final decision - February 17, 2023:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

the_witcher

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Whoa that's a long time. What do the IRCC agents say on call or did you get any reply on webforms? Also, since it has been very long did you send the solemn declaration for PR Card?
To be fair, I had received a request to re-submit my photograph in Aug 2022 and I had sent them new photographs in August itself. The agents though say that they received my photograph in Dec 15, 2022 though and since then, there has been no update. An agent also added a note to the application requesting the "team" to look into the application on Jan 31, 2022 but there has been no update since. All I hear from the agent is to "be patient" and wait.

Basically, my CIC profile (GC Key) has seen no update since Aug 2022.

As for the solemn declaration, I thought that was sent only when your PR card was sent but you did not receive it.

Last edited:

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
My PR Card is approved and the timeline is ;

- Application submitted: Jan 01 , 2023 (submitted online using the PR card portal)
- Able to link the application to the IRCC portal: Feb 10, 2023
- Application approved: Feb 17, 2023

A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.

Latest update:
Final decision - February 17, 2023:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
Thank you for this.

kghayesh

Jul 3, 2012
Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this is something that other people are facing or not. We applied for my wife's PR card renewal online and the application was submitted on the online portal on Oct-25. Up till now, the application status is still submitted and there have been no updates. The processing time of PR card renewal shows as 77 days and the processing time has passed more than a month ago.

I tried calling IRCC so many times but I always get the message that they are unable to transfer my call due to a high volume of calls. I asked them about the status using the web form and there has been no response for more than 2 weeks.

Are there any issues with online PR card renewal applications? I see that there is no option to apply for it online now as you have to submit it in person.
Is anyone facing the same issue? What are the timelines now for PR card renewals?

Thanks!

Fardil204

Nov 12, 2022
Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this is something that other people are facing or not. We applied for my wife's PR card renewal online and the application was submitted on the online portal on Oct-25. Up till now, the application status is still submitted and there have been no updates. The processing time of PR card renewal shows as 77 days and the processing time has passed more than a month ago.

I tried calling IRCC so many times but I always get the message that they are unable to transfer my call due to a high volume of calls. I asked them about the status using the web form and there has been no response for more than 2 weeks.

Are there any issues with online PR card renewal applications? I see that there is no option to apply for it online now as you have to submit it in person.
Is anyone facing the same issue? What are the timelines now for PR card renewals?

Thanks!
Call the number at 8 in the morning, you will be in a line

micrarach

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
I did try that this morning and got the same frustrating response.
I just keep trying over and over again and eventually get through. I have a note of the numbers to press in the automated menu so I don't have to listen to the whole thing. The last time I tried it took me about 15 times, but I did get to speak to someone.

kghayesh

Jul 3, 2012
But even if I get to call them and reach them, do you think they will be helpful in this issue that the PR card is delayed?