Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Did you submit any proof of residency like T4, pay stubs or Bank statements?
No, only send what your asked to send and follow the checklist, if your within the RO then no evidence needed (paystubs, T4 etc). Your tight to the RO obligations with 1070 but still within....maybe your like me travelling back and forth, i applied in September 2022 my card was not expiring until April 2023 but i had already had 870days in Canada since Feb 2018 so well within the RO. But still waiting on card, i heard somewhere they have been prioritizing by expiry dates regardless if you applied 6months before expiry.

xanadu99

Jul 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Applying for PR Card renewal through paper application. The calculation of time away from Canada is 1070 days so I am within the time period. Am submitting 2 photos, PR Card copy, Passport Copy pages with ID information, Canada Landing Visa. What do people generally submit apart from these - Do I need to submit any other documents like T4, Pay stubs, Bank Statements etc? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!
Just to add i did my application online, i had to fill in every single absence from Canada which thankfully i had kept up to date since i landed in Feb 2018, i had also got a copy of my exits from Canada from the CBSA online which helped me be as accurate, as there was many exits and entrances.

Reactions: pakimom

xanadu99

Jul 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
I applied for the PR card on 24 September 2022 using https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/ and have not heard from them ever since. Is everyone else applying using this new portal? Has someone successfully received the card after the urgent processing request?
Mine was same date, still says submitted in the portal, in GCKEY says in progress and reviewing the eligibility requirments.

xanadu99

Jul 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Just a quick one, when arriving at the border when they scan the PR card do they know exactly your amount of days in Canada for the RO? I don't have an issue but just wondering, as i see some posts saying when arriving at POE they have been told they are not meeting the RO.

pakimom

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
No, only send what your asked to send and follow the checklist, if your within the RO then no evidence needed (paystubs, T4 etc). Your tight to the RO obligations with 1070 but still within....maybe your like me travelling back and forth, i applied in September 2022 my card was not expiring until April 2023 but i had already had 870days in Canada since Feb 2018 so well within the RO. But still waiting on card, i heard somewhere they have been prioritizing by expiry dates regardless if you applied 6months before expiry.
Thank you - you have been very helpful! Indeed the largest absence is of 512 days where I was stuck in Kuwait due to Covid Airport closures - they had shout down the airport for 5 months and then again for 7 weeks and vaccines were not available for expatriates until later in the year after which I returned.

Andrea1199

Dec 8, 2022
do you think it is the range ? If the application is returned …, what if the application exceed 40 days ?
I think it's a total mess. Not trying to trace any logic there. This system does not work. It returns applications stating "missing photos" as a reason when there is technically NO WAY to submit the application without uploading photos. It's outrageous and totally unacceptable.

Last edited:

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
I think it's a total mess. Not trying to trace any logic there. This system does not work. It returns applications stating "missing photos" as a reason when there is technically NO WAY to submit the application without uploading photos. It's outrageous and totally unacceptable. I feel treated as a piece of shit.

When my wife’s application was returned last time, when I clicked “add/edit” for the front photo there was reasons for the return. I happened to find this by mistake. These reasons should be the first thing seen.

KevinG81

Jan 6, 2018
Toronto
PR card renewal - Toronto, ON

Application submitted Online PR Portal: 4 Dec 2022

PR online Portal: Still says submitted

link my PR card online today 29 January and its shows 20 Jan it was approved and mailed out ( 56 Days process )

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
PR card renewal - Toronto, ON

Application submitted Online PR Portal: 4 Dec 2022

PR online Portal: Still says submitted

link my PR card online today 29 January and its shows 20 Jan it was approved and mailed out ( 56 Days process )

Was your application ever returned?

Mar 8, 2021
I applied for the PR card on 24 September 2022 using https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/ and have not heard from them ever since. Is everyone else applying using this new portal? Has someone successfully received the card after the urgent processing request?
I, my wofe and minor kid applied thru this portal. My child's PR card was recveived in 2 months but we are still waiting for more than 4 months now

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
When my wife’s application was returned last time, when I clicked “add/edit” for the front photo there was reasons for the return. I happened to find this by mistake. These reasons should be the first thing seen.
I didn't see anything if I clicked "add/edit", everything looks ok, but status is "returned" because of Photo missing. Will try to call them on Monday to decide if resubmit or not

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
I didn't see anything if I clicked "add/edit", everything looks ok, but status is "returned" because of Photo missing. Will try to call them on Monday to decide if resubmit or not

Unless the view button is greyed out, from what I have read on here, you should resubmit.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Unless the view button is greyed out, from what I have read on here, you should resubmit.
Do you change your application form to update the days calculation? Mine can be viewed and editted.
By the way, a new photo with digital version (much more clear than a scanning one) is a must for online application? My scan at 600 dpi and the size is about 2 times of the least required 420X540. However, this is only mentioned for temporary visa online photo, which asking for physically 35mmx45mm, not the requirement for PR or Citizen 50mmx70mm. It's a pain of this online system.
Anyone has the experience for the photo? I remember that I have to re-cut my photo to fit the head in the required scope between 31-36mm if I use the same scale of 50mmx70mm. And the photo turned into black&white automatically, not colored. Is this the reason they mean "photo missing"?

Last edited: