+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

misheillF

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
URGENT.
PLEASE ADVISE.
Hey guys. Weird situation, hoping to get some advice. My current PR card is technically still valid, however I got married in 12/2021 and changed my last name - changed my passport and my Canadian drivers license, just not the PR card because we are in process of getting Canadian citizenship and weren't planning to travel. HOWEVER my husband surprised me with a trip to Cuba, March 22nd. Everything is booked under my married name, but my PR card is technically invalid due to different last name. Should I apply for new PR card online or on paper? Which tends to be faster? PLEASE ADVISE! THANK YOU.

laughing

Jan 23, 2023
Hi
I applied online application for renewal on Sep 22 2022 still hear nothing from IRCC. Anyone having the same issue?

heebaarora

Mar 13, 2017
Hello Everyone,
My application got approved and card mailed on 11 Jan 2023, but I haven't received my card yet. Is it normal? I am based in Ontario.

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello Everyone,
My application got approved and card mailed on 11 Jan 2023, but I haven't received my card yet. Is it normal? I am based in Ontario.

The post office is slow recently, give it another 1-2 weeks

How long takes for you between start Processing the application and approval(Mailing) ? because mine is in Progress since January 06

sherafgan

Jan 24, 2023
Hi Guys

Really grateful for this forum to help my queries.

Now I below is my timeline and really stuck in the process for 1st PR card.

Landed in Toronto 20th June 2022
Had to travel back to Pakistan with my wife on 10th July 2022
Received photo resubmission request 24th August 2022
Photos resubmitted 6th September
Received Acknowledgement receipt AOR on 6th January 2023

Haven't Heard back from them since then I applied for the PRTD document for me and my wife I received my PRTD document in 3 days and my wife's application is siting there since October though we applied for it within few minutes of each other. Cant leave my wife alone here in Pakistan. Tried to raise webforms, new PRTD applications, reached out to MPs of my riding in GTA. But nothing is helping me.

Please guide me what to do and what are the timelines for new PR cards going about?

Xxsaraxx

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hi,
I have applied my PR Card renewal through PR Card portal.
Application was received on 21st Sep 2021. I even did not get any email with Confirmation #. I called IRCC and they gave me Confirmation #.
I am still waiting as of today to receive my PR Card. I have my flight Next friday and travelling to india and getting worried. I have called IRCC and agent said they cant do anything and advised me to apply for PRTD before travelling to India. also, i am not able to link my Pr card portal application to online IRCC account. when i called IRCC, they only said Application is in progress. its been 4 months now.
is there any one who received their PR card and applied during Sep 2021 timeframe?
Hi do you mean September 2021 or 2022?

p86shah

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
PR car renewal - Vancouver BC

Application submitted ONLINE: 22 Nov 2022

I was able to link my PR card online today 17 Jan and its shows 16 Jan it was approved ( 56 Days process )

Status : We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive. ( Card arrived in Regular Mail 23 Jan )

IFS

Jul 27, 2021
PR car renewal - Vancouver BC

Application submitted ONLINE: 22 Nov 2022

I was able to link my PR card online today 17 Jan and its shows 16 Jan it was approved ( 56 Days process )

Status : We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive. ( Card arrived in Regular Mail 23 Jan )
What do you mean by link my PR Card online? Is that an essential step to get the PR card renewed?

p86shah

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Thanks for the quick reply.
Is submitting Online better than paper-based in terms of timeline? Will online application be quicker?
in my opinion all paper based application for PR card renewal are faster than ONLINE

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
My application has been returned a second time because the photos were missing. Should I resubmit with a paper application?

GlennB

Jan 6, 2023
My application has been returned a second time because the photos were missing. Should I resubmit with a paper application?
Did you get an email from IRCC? In the help centre it says they send instructions on how to send what documents they need.(You asked me for a new document. How do I submit it? (cic.gc.ca) )

I submitted my pr renewal application thru the PR Portal first week of December. On first week of January Incomplete Application showed up under Return Reason. I could not click view to see/edit my application and I didn't get any email from IRCC so I didn't know what documents I was missing. I just left it as is and today(Jan.24) Incomplete Application is gone. Still waiting for an AOR and cannot find my application in ECAS.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Did you get an email from IRCC? In the help centre it says they send instructions on how to send what documents they need.(You asked me for a new document. How do I submit it? (cic.gc.ca) )

I submitted my pr renewal application thru the PR Portal first week of December. On first week of January Incomplete Application showed up under Return Reason. I could not click view to see/edit my application and I didn't get any email from IRCC so I didn't know what documents I was missing. I just left it as is and today(Jan.24) Incomplete Application is gone. Still waiting for an AOR and cannot find my application in ECAS.
Yes there was an email sent at 6:40am this morning.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
I have a question, I sent photos to IRCC, then they said that my card was "sent to production", now after asking in the WebForm they said they want a new set of photos again. I don't understand it, what does "sent to production" mean? Is it before or after the photos are received?