+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

Downtown_YYZ Guy

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
yes I saw the same just now.. I hope it does not impact existing applications but I know it will :(
well when i landed the time was 71 days but POE Office said i will get it in 2 months and i did get it in that time, so the timeline keeps fluctuating between 63-90 days but people mostly get in 70-80 days

armag90

Apr 23, 2016
Hi, considering everything it shouldn't be long, check your portal regularly, mine changed from AOR to decision made in 1 day and complete in 2 days. Paper applications are being processed quicker than online, hopefully you should get your card mailed within a week or two.
Thanks a bunch.

Can you share the link for the portal please?

Abhi_nav

Oct 23, 2020
well when i landed the time was 71 days but POE Office said i will get it in 2 months and i did get it in that time, so the timeline keeps fluctuating between 63-90 days but people mostly get in 70-80 days
Oh that’s good.. for me the POE Officer had said one month, now I think he said a general timeline and not actual one .. I had to travel back home and now till I get the PR Card can’t think of getting back in Canada, PRTD will also take over a month

Downtown_YYZ Guy

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
Oh that’s good.. for me the POE Officer had said one month, now I think he said a general timeline and not actual one .. I had to travel back home and now till I get the PR Card can’t think of getting back in Canada, PRTD will also take over a month3.
Yeah definitely a generic timeline but I mean to say even the website is not accurate and there is a gap of +/-10 Days . Regarding travel, I would suggest to wait a couple of months and then travel because
1. Fares are expensive right now
2. What if they ask a new photo , you might still be able to give them one through your friends here but its too much of a work and then asking your friends to get your PR card back home would also be a pain (Ideally that is not allowed but I have seen multiple people do it in the forum. Personally I think its not worth the risk.

All this being said , if there is a family emergency please dont think twice and travel . PRTD is an option

Abhi_nav

Oct 23, 2020
Yeah definitely a generic timeline but I mean to say even the website is not accurate and there is a gap of +/-10 Days . Regarding travel, I would suggest to wait a couple of months and then travel because
1. Fares are expensive right now
2. What if they ask a new photo , you might still be able to give them one through your friends here but its too much of a work and then asking your friends to get your PR card back home would also be a pain (Ideally that is not allowed but I have seen multiple people do it in the forum. Personally I think its not worth the risk.

All this being said , if there is a family emergency please dont think twice and travel . PRTD is an option
Got it, yes I’ll keep travel in mind only if it’s absolutely necessary..
but I guess all the people who do soft landing get the PR Card through friends/family

I have to go back as my current employer is not allowing me to be out of country because of HR policies

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Oh that’s good.. for me the POE Officer had said one month, now I think he said a general timeline and not actual one .. I had to travel back home and now till I get the PR Card can’t think of getting back in Canada, PRTD will also take over a month
When i talked with IRCC support agent this morning, he advised me not to travel withouth PR card, cuz PRTD times are unpredictable, some people get in 7 days some can take several month. depends on country and specific case ...

Abhi_nav

Oct 23, 2020
When i talked with IRCC support agent this morning, he advised me not to travel withouth PR card, cuz PRTD times are unpredictable, some people get in 7 days some can take several month. depends on country and specific case ...
oh yes, PRTD processing times are very unpredictable and there is no way to know or estimate this time also

Reactions: Sanjar718

flower90

Jul 11, 2022
Did anyone in Montreal apply for the PR card through online portal? What's your timeline? Address/photo submitted but still in review for 7 weeks.

Reactions: Sanjar718

AJSAWANT

Sep 8, 2017
How to apply online for PR card renewal? Through GC Key or new portal I do not see option to apply for PR card renewal.

Could someone share the detail, please?