+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

vabishek17

Mar 24, 2017
I suspect all those applications that are stuck in printing facility are Online application. Those who sent paper applications, some are processed within a month. I believe there may be issues with our photos, but all this is linked with PR Portal (system full of bugs), and they are unable to solve the issue.
Well, let's hope they resolve the issue soon. If not, they should at least close the online portal temporarily until they figure out what's going on.

vabishek17

Mar 24, 2017
Welcome to the club brother. Waiting for my first PR card. Same case, card printing issues. Looking at the timeline, it looks like people who applied/landed in August are stuck. Is it only for 1 application ? apparently not is what they claim. It's been over a week. How long does it take to reprint the cards. Do they just have 1 printer doing it ? This is really stupid.
Yeah, not sure what they mean by "printing issues". Doesn't make sense that it would take weeks to fix something like this when they are printing cards for other/paper applicants. Maybe, it has to do with photos submitted online (like the person above mentioned). If that's the case, they could at least let us know and ask us to submit a physical copy.

asvguy

Apr 26, 2022
Yeah, not sure what they mean by "printing issues". Doesn't make sense that it would take weeks to fix something like this when they are printing cards for other/paper applicants. Maybe, it has to do with photos submitted online (like the person above mentioned). If that's the case, they could at least let us know and ask us to submit a physical copy.
True. I called them today, so apparently when this happens, we need to wait 6 fing weeks from the day it was marked as production issues, and then call them, and only then will they send a message to the production team asking for what happened. I asked them to send it now cause fixing a printer shouldn't take weeks and also, those are held up by this printer, should be processed first and not put on hold like a mindless idiots. But apparently they won't send it until its been 6 weeks and who knows how long that will take after they send the message. This entire immigration system is idiotic, i mean how hard is it to print cards and send it out.

vabishek17

Mar 24, 2017
True. I called them today, so apparently when this happens, we need to wait 6 fing weeks from the day it was marked as production issues, and then call them, and only then will they send a message to the production team asking for what happened. I asked them to send it now cause fixing a printer shouldn't take weeks and also, those are held up by this printer, should be processed first and not put on hold like a mindless idiots. But apparently they won't send it until its been 6 weeks and who knows how long that will take after they send the message. This entire immigration system is idiotic, i mean how hard is it to print cards and send it out.

Their standard textbook reply. I was asked to call back on Nov. 1, 2022 to see what the status is. Based on the experiences here, I have very little hope it will be resolved by then so I will call them again on 1st to see what's going on.

armag90

Apr 23, 2016
Hi guys
If anyone can help...

PR Card renewal case

Paper application received: 7th October
Received confirmation (AOR): 25th October

What's next? And how long with current actual processing times?
Any help and guidance would be highly appreciated.

jaskaran90

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Applied for PR Card Renewal Online on August 17th. Never received AOR but called CIC to get the application number and linked it to the cic portal, and got ghost update on October 18th and the portal updated today (Oct 20th) to Approved, and card has been mailed out.

the PR renewal portal still shows application as submitted
Received PR Card in the Mail today, October 25th.
The PR Renewal Portal still shows as submitted.

Reactions: Sanjar718

jaskaran90

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Hi, I want to renew my PR card. I see most of the members preferring the Paper application.

Has anyone applied for an Online PR card Renewal and received a card recently?
Yeah. I did. Online is just as good as Paper, had no issues with my online renewal and took about 70 days from submission to card in mail. Paper might just be quicker than Online

Last edited:
Reactions: Anand2021

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
processing time of new PR cards increased again... now its 75.... was 65 :(

sublime765

Oct 25, 2022
Hi All,

Sharing timelines below for my paper application for PR Card renewal :

Application sent through Canada Post : Sep 5th
Application received by CPC : Sep 10th
AOR received through email : Oct 18th
Decision Made: Oct 19th
PR card sent through regular mail : Oct 20th
PR card received in regular mail : Oct 25th
Total Time : 50 days

Reactions: krishere1982

mihirparker

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2017
AOR Received.
09-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
Hi guys
If anyone can help...

PR Card renewal case

Paper application received: 7th October
Received confirmation (AOR): 25th October

What's next? And how long with current actual processing times?
Any help and guidance would be highly appreciated.
Hi, considering everything it shouldn't be long, check your portal regularly, mine changed from AOR to decision made in 1 day and complete in 2 days. Paper applications are being processed quicker than online, hopefully you should get your card mailed within a week or two.