+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

aagp

Apr 18, 2022
Quick Question
Do I need any visa stamping or any document to return to Canada. I am a permanent resident with permanent resident card

taylordz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Hi Everyone
My PR Card renewal was received June 30th. Yesterday the status changed to Decision Made, but nothing has changed.
On my GCKey account it still shows processing with no changes. That's weird, I'm afraid it's been rejected :(
Anyone was in the same situation ?

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 30, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 13, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on August 13, 2022.
Hi Everyone
My PR Card renewal was received June 30th. Yesterday the status changed to Decision Made, but nothing has changed.
On my GCKey account it still shows processing with no changes. That's weird, I'm afraid it's been rejected :(
Anyone was in the same situation ?

Edit : Just called IRCC and the lady said the application has been approved and the card has been sent to production. I'm still skeptical though

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 30, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 13, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on August 13, 2022.
My application is finally completed. Mailed out Oct 19th.
All the best for your guys.

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
Hello all,
Did anyone hear tried renewing their pr card through online application?
was it successfully submitted? I am trying to send it through pr portal but its giving lots of issues filling imm5444 form.
anyone has any experience in this?
thank you.

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Hello I have same timeline as yours it says card mailed on 14 Oct. I did not receive it yet. I recently changed my address and communicated the same to IRCC via call. Did you get your card yet? I am worried if they sent it to my old address
Hi did you get your card yet ?

jaskaran90

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Applied for PR Card Renewal Online on August 17th. Never received AOR but called CIC to get the application number and linked it to the cic portal, and got ghost update on October 18th and the portal updated today (Oct 20th) to Approved, and card has been mailed out.

the PR renewal portal still shows application as submitted

Last edited:
Reactions: Sanjar718

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Applied for PR Card Renewal Online on August 17th. Never received AOR but called CIC to get the application number and linked it to the cic portal, and got ghost update on October 18th and the portal updated today (Oct 20th) to Approved, and card has been mailed out.

Congrats! I've applied on 24th of August! hope gonna get some news soon. Keep us posted :)

Nidhaan

Apr 4, 2022

Hello i sent my pr card renewal application on Aug 15 through online portal . When i check pr portal it’s still showing submitted. Can you please tell me where we can check ? Thank you advance.

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Update: Got my new PR card in my mailbox today
Oct 20th

Application sent : Aug 22
AOR : Oct 15
Decision Made: Oct 18
Card Received: Oct 20
Is this renewal or first card?
my dates are soo close to yours crossing my fingers :)