+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Hello everyone, I am new here. I've been under stress lately and very anxious about my renewal pr card application. I submitted my application last June 8, 2022, got an e-mail confirmation from IRCC last July 22, 2022. I tried linking my application but no application found. I also tried checking the status of my application online but still no application found. Tried many different ways to link and search, but found nothing. Is there anyone here who also applied on June 8, 2022? Any updates? I'm worried that IRCC might have lost my application. I've sent them several web forms but the response I always get from them is "we're processing blah blah..." "check your application online blah blah...." and nothing about the status of my application. I even requested for an urgent processing because I will be preparing for my wedding outside Canada and the only response I got was " we've forwarded your document to responsible office." And that was it.
I'm in the same boat, my application was submitted on June 22nd, on July 20th I received AOR and on the same date Status changed to Decision Made, showing up on ECAS. I also linked my application in GCKEY, over there it says we are reviewing your eligibility, etc etc...
3 webforms sent with proof that I have upcoming travel and urgently need PR Card, but no response from Incompetents sitting there.
They are busy bringing people from Ukraine and Afghanistan, this is there priority not those TAX Paying Slaves already living in Canada.

Reactions: Cold_dubai

Cold_dubai

Oct 17, 2022
Hello, I know it's different based on country, but very approximately how long does it takes to process PRTD?
For me in India, I applied (during pandemic) through e-mail-based application where I had to scan all the docs. and forms and sent to given email.
It took 1 month for AOR, then a week for passport request.

• Sad
Reactions: Sanjar718

Downtown_YYZ Guy

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
Hi all, so following is my timeline for PR renewal paper based application for myself and my wife
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 16, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 13, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on October 13, 2022.
  4. Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on October 12, 2022. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at an IRCC office.
  5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 14, 2022.
So it took them approx 28 days from receiving to approval.
It seems paper based application is a little bit faster than online at this stage.
Hello I have same timeline as yours it says card mailed on 14 Oct. I did not receive it yet. I recently changed my address and communicated the same to IRCC via call. Did you get your card yet? I am worried if they sent it to my old address

Ruks

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
I received my initial PR card on 20 Sept. But I didn't receive it for my husband. I send a fax to IRCC for the address and included my dependent's details in that same form but I didn't receive it for him yet.

FeelTheBern

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2020
Med's Request
22-03-2022
Med's Done....
01-04-2022
Passport Req..
14-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2022
I had raised a webform a month ago enquiring my dependents' PR card status. While my PR card got approved and it was mailed to me within a week of approval, there has been no change in the application status for my dependents.

I just received a response from IRCC saying that they need an address to issue the PR cards for my dependents. Apparently, the address was missing on my dependents' PR card applications even though we had provided the same address for all 3 of us during our first landing.

Has anyone else come across such incident before? Any idea how much additional time it would require to receive the PR cards for dependents?

mihirparker

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2017
AOR Received.
09-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
Hello I have same timeline as yours it says card mailed on 14 Oct. I did not receive it yet. I recently changed my address and communicated the same to IRCC via call. Did you get your card yet? I am worried if they sent it to my old address
Hi, no I haven't received it yet, maybe tomorrow, did you update your address before 14th or after?

taylordz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Hi Everyone
My PR Card renewal was received June 30th. Yesterday the status changed to Decision Made, but nothing has changed.
On my GCKey account it still shows processing with no changes. That's weird, I'm afraid it's been rejected :(
Anyone was in the same situation ?

Edit : Just called IRCC and the lady said the application has been approved and the card has been sent to production. I'm still skeptical though

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 30, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 13, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on August 13, 2022.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sanjar718