+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

harrynator

Oct 23, 2020
The officer at the airport actually clicked photos of my parents as they didn't have any at that time. So they click pictures and that too doesn't meet the specification. PR Card processing center is Sydney, Nova Scotia.
That's so bad. Probably they just lost the photos. I have the same processing center and I too got a resubmit request.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a difference between online and postal applications for PR card renewal in terms of processing times?

Sep 26, 2022
HI all,

Iam confused and looking for some insights. My PR renewal application has status on eCAS as "decision made" since Aug 29th. My account on CIC still shows submitted. Its been weeks since DM and no updates since. Is this how it normally happens? I called CIC and they said the card is in production since Aug 29. Called again a couple of days later and they said there is a printer issue which would take time to resolve.

Sep 26, 2022
I guess agent Says anything what they want to now days. Dont trust.

About my case.
PR renewal Application delivered on May 30th ( my application my Daughters and my wife).
PR holder from OCT 2018 only out of country for 2 months after getting PR.
I received PR card July 6th 2022.
I am still waiting for my wife and Daughters PR Card, I called at least 10 time so many different answers, but most agent recently said Photo and all ok just waiting for officer to release card. before that they said print shop issue and all.
raised 4 web forms 3 closed saying we cant identify your identity, after providing all correct details.

So its in some God's hand :) whenever they want to release they will release PR card. :(

I was not sure will they receive PR card or not as there is no escalation process., so I submitted citizenship application believe me just in 3 months , BG check completed, I already completed test and system updates saying test completed.

So all excuse like background check going on for PR card and all is not correct. Its just they are not answerable to anyone so they decide rules :).
Hi Does your daughter's and wife's status say "Decision made"? Mine has been in DM status for weeks now with no update. My account on CIC still shows submitted.

vancouver27

Sep 26, 2022
Hi,

I had submitted my PR Card renewal application on August 9th, 2022 through the online PR portal, but haven't received any kind of updates since then. It still shows as submitted.

Does anyone know the timeline for PR card renewals via the portal? I am planning to travel in December 2022.

vancouver27

Sep 26, 2022
Timeline: online portal PR card renewal application sent 3rd August 2022.
Online pr card tracker, showing nothing. Called today 15th September. Told me, received on August 3rd. Started processing on August 10th….will update this thread accordingly.

Any update on your end? I had submitted mine for renewal through the portal on August 9th - no updates yet.