+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

harrynator

Oct 23, 2020
Hello All, just wanted to provide an update here so that its helpful for those looking.

I sent in the photos as requested and it reached within a week. I phoned IRCC this morning to follow up (I know its too soon) but the officer said the IRCC officers processing photo resubmission applications are currently working on photos resubmitted in May 2022 so its going to be a while for those who resubmitted later than that.
Yeah its gonna take another 3-4 months. I don't know why they accept the photos at the airport if it doesn't meet their requirements/specs.
I think they just lose the pics and ask us to send them again. Whats your PR card processing center?

lmlmlm972

Aug 4, 2022
My PR card replacement application was received by IRCC June 29, and started processing on Aug 8. It has been in process since then. Just spoke to an IRCC agent, he told me that the office is currently processing applications received mid June ish. It will be a few more days till they get to mine..

Reactions: bluehorse

bkaur7100

Sep 13, 2022
What number did you call to speak to?

I tried calling but doesn't give the option to speak to a agent.

Resubmitted photos in Aug
I phoned 1-888-242-2100 and chose the options 3 3 0 to get to an agent. It might say that it is too busy right now and hang up but keep trying.

bkaur7100

Sep 13, 2022
Yeah its gonna take another 3-4 months. I don't know why they accept the photos at the airport if it doesn't meet their requirements/specs.
I think they just lose the pics and ask us to send them again. Whats your PR card processing center?
The officer at the airport actually clicked photos of my parents as they didn't have any at that time. So they click pictures and that too doesn't meet the specification. PR Card processing center is Sydney, Nova Scotia.

FeelTheBern

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2020
Med's Request
22-03-2022
Med's Done....
01-04-2022
Passport Req..
14-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2022
I phoned 1-888-242-2100 and chose the options 3 3 0 to get to an agent. It might say that it is too busy right now and hang up but keep trying.
Does this number work if we call from the US? If not, can anyone please share the IRCC number that we should call from the US for PR card status inquiry?

Bhamarekm

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
My PR card replacement application was received by IRCC June 29, and started processing on Aug 8. It has been in process since then. Just spoke to an IRCC agent, he told me that the office is currently processing applications received mid June ish. It will be a few more days till they get to mine..
I guess agent Says anything what they want to now days. Dont trust.

About my case.
PR renewal Application delivered on May 30th ( my application my Daughters and my wife).
PR holder from OCT 2018 only out of country for 2 months after getting PR.
I received PR card July 6th 2022.
I am still waiting for my wife and Daughters PR Card, I called at least 10 time so many different answers, but most agent recently said Photo and all ok just waiting for officer to release card. before that they said print shop issue and all.
raised 4 web forms 3 closed saying we cant identify your identity, after providing all correct details.

So its in some God's hand :) whenever they want to release they will release PR card. :(

I was not sure will they receive PR card or not as there is no escalation process., so I submitted citizenship application believe me just in 3 months , BG check completed, I already completed test and system updates saying test completed.

So all excuse like background check going on for PR card and all is not correct. Its just they are not answerable to anyone so they decide rules :).

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
Does this number work if we call from the US? If not, can anyone please share the IRCC number that we should call from the US for PR card status inquiry?
You can't reach IRCC via phone from outside Canada, send a webform. Or try to use a Canadian Area code number from the Textnow app while calling, that may work.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like Fiona is going to slam Sydney (where the PR cards are produced) with horrible weather. Hope the impact is minimal, but it could very well delay cards being sent out.

Reactions: he5ham

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Anybody who landed in July 16 - 18 range and received their first PR card already?