+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

Ad1tya

Aug 7, 2022
27th June: Landed YYZ
14th August: Linked to GCKey (Application submitted date is 27th June)
26th August: Ghost Update
31st August: GU2 (Decision Made: Approved) with “We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.”
6th September: PR Cards in mailbox.

71 days after Landing. Been quite the journey.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 994371

27th June: Landed YYZ
14th August: Linked to GCKey (Application submitted date is 27th June)
26th August: Ghost Update
31st August: GU2 (Decision Made: Approved) with “We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.”
6th August: PR Cards in mailbox.

Been quite the journey.
What province are you located in?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Mine reached around 15th august. Still no update or any communication...
When did you land?

My landing was 10th June ..still waiting.
I'm in the same boat, landing June 8th, was asked for new photos August 5th, photos reached IRCC August 12th, no updates.

one1world

Sep 6, 2022
Team i have question if someone has same experience with online PR renewal application. I submitted my PR card renew application online, when i submitted application online i never received any confirmation email form IRCC that they have received my application. (Screen did display that your application is submitted but i never received any confirmation via email or in online account), is this normal?

Please share experience if someone has face same issue. Thank you.

aanandac

Jul 17, 2017
Team i have question if someone has same experience with online PR renewal application. I submitted my PR card renew application online, when i submitted application online i never received any confirmation email form IRCC that they have received my application. (Screen did display that your application is submitted but i never received any confirmation via email or in online account), is this normal?

Please share experience if someone has face same issue. Thank you.
Yes, even I did not receive any confirmation email. But my application shows submitted on the PR portal.

When did you submit your application?

one1world

Sep 6, 2022
Thank you, I submitted my application on 4th SEP 2022. i called IRCC toady and agent told me that my application is not showing on their system. so, i am worried that my application even submitted correctly.

How about you when did you submitted?

pankajsoni

Star Member
Jan 8, 2019
A quick question (might be silly) - Does everyone's application number for First PR Card start with Letter R?
Tried calling IRCC but there was no option of choosing application starting with letter R.

Ad1tya

Aug 7, 2022
A quick question (might be silly) - Does everyone's application number for First PR Card start with Letter R?
Tried calling IRCC but there was no option of choosing application starting with letter R.
It did start with R for my wife and I.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
For my wife and I as well.

AndyIndUAE

Apr 17, 2020
United Arab Emirates
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
No update for over a week after ghost update last week. Status still shown as Submitted. Tried calling yesterday but couldn't get through.

Will call again today.

Ad1tya

Aug 7, 2022
S
No update for over a week after ghost update last week. Status still shown as Submitted. Tried calling yesterday but couldn't get through.

Will call again today.
Since your GU was just before the long weekend, expect a couple of days delay I would imagine. If you don't get an update early tomorrow or day after, then you should try calling.