+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

Sandyzzz

Sep 28, 2021
yes I called IRCC yesterday again.
Upfront told to Agent that old agent asked me to call so you can raise complain :p
They raised ticket to back office (I guess might be printshop) asking why this case is still stuck? I ask for ETA she said their is no such ETA. Next week I will again call :).

Thanks
Hi, just checking if you have any updates of your application? Has the new card been mailed out?

Sandyzzz

Sep 28, 2021
Mine is one month earlier than you but it's still processing.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 15, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 13, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on April 13, 2022.

BTW, I only have a couple of days absence in last 5 years. I don't know what I can do.
Hi, have you received ur new pr card?

onlymtl

Star Member
Dec 30, 2013
Hey members,

Just wondering what number to dial if I want to inquire about my new PR card application?

I landed on 15 July, linked my application last week but no update after that. Thanks!

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hey members,

Just wondering what number to dial if I want to inquire about my new PR card application?

I landed on 15 July, linked my application last week but no update after that. Thanks!
1-888-242-2100.

Currently pr cards are being processed for those who landed around 27-28th June. Yours will take time accordingly. Best Luck !

Bhamarekm

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Hi, just checking if you have any updates of your application? Has the new card been mailed out?
Hello,

I called IRCC again yesterday. They said they have raise ticket to other team asking why card is not yet processed. She said SLA is 60 days for ticket :).

So from May 30th till data I am waiting for card for my wife and Daughters. Agent told me not necessary that all applications in envelop is pickup by same agent. May be my application some other agent processed and he gave card on time, my wife and Daughters application went to other agent and he still not processed :(.

Unfortunately we just have to hope for best so application is pickup by some good agent and he process card in time :).

Ped1994

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Hello,

I called IRCC again yesterday. They said they have raise ticket to other team asking why card is not yet processed. She said SLA is 60 days for ticket :).

So from May 30th till data I am waiting for card for my wife and Daughters. Agent told me not necessary that all applications in envelop is pickup by same agent. May be my application some other agent processed and he gave card on time, my wife and Daughters application went to other agent and he still not processed :(.

Unfortunately we just have to hope for best so application is pickup by some good agent and he process card in time :).
Could you please let me know what does 60 days SLA mean?
Mine is still in process from May 9th

aanandac

Jul 17, 2017
I called IRCC today. Here's the update.
1. As of today, September 2, 2022, IRCC is working on files submitted on June 8.
2. There is only one email communication we receive from IRCC throughout the entire process. IRCC sends an email when they start working on our file. Time taken on each file differs and depend on various factors. The agent mentioned it could take one day or 2 months or anything in between. In case IRCC calls you to pick up the PR card, it would take much longer. (This is pretty rare though)
3. Old PR card is valid for 60 days until the new one is printed/shipped.
4. We can track the Card renewal application process on the PR Tracker (He could not explain this in detail, I'm assuming online PR Tracker)
5. You can travel during your renewal application, you can track or call IRCC to check if PR card is printed or shipped. Your PR card is valid for 60 days from the day of printing, you can return back to Canada within these 60 days with your old PR card.

I hope this is helpful.

cool_atomic

Feb 1, 2017
Hi all,

Submitted by PR renewal app in August by mail. Got DM in ECAS yesterday, but GC KEY doesn't show approval, no updates there.
Any idea if this means the card is actually approved and how much longer it takes from now to get the card via mail? How long does GC KEY take to update after ECAS DM?

App sent: August 5, 2022
App delivered: August 9, 2022
AOR: September 1, 2022
DM ECAS: September 2, 2022

lmlmlm972

Aug 4, 2022
I called IRCC today. Here's the update.
1. As of today, September 2, 2022, IRCC is working on files submitted on June 8.
2. There is only one email communication we receive from IRCC throughout the entire process. IRCC sends an email when they start working on our file. Time taken on each file differs and depend on various factors. The agent mentioned it could take one day or 2 months or anything in between. In case IRCC calls you to pick up the PR card, it would take much longer. (This is pretty rare though)
3. Old PR card is valid for 60 days until the new one is printed/shipped.
4. We can track the Card renewal application process on the PR Tracker (He could not explain this in detail, I'm assuming online PR Tracker)
5. You can travel during your renewal application, you can track or call IRCC to check if PR card is printed or shipped. Your PR card is valid for 60 days from the day of printing, you can return back to Canada within these 60 days with your old PR card.

I hope this is helpful.
thanks for sharing! im the unlucky one that waited for more than a month since they got the file:(

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

slyangel

Jun 10, 2015
Hi all,

Submitted by PR renewal app in August by mail. Got DM in ECAS yesterday, but GC KEY doesn't show approval, no updates there.
Any idea if this means the card is actually approved and how much longer it takes from now to get the card via mail? How long does GC KEY take to update after ECAS DM?

App sent: August 5, 2022
App delivered: August 9, 2022
AOR: September 1, 2022
DM ECAS: September 2, 2022
My app was received August 8th
AOR and decision made August 26th
Card mailed August 31st

Reactions: cool_atomic

Bhamarekm

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Could you please let me know what does 60 days SLA mean?
Mine is still in process from May 9th
Hello,

So incase your PR card is not processed in SLA (which agent told me 75 days when i called ) agent can raise ticket and assigned to offer who is processing your application, immigration officer has to respond back in 60 days either approve / reject application.

hope this helps.