+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

Maha1981

Jan 25, 2011
Thanks! I have called a couple of times and they say my card has been approved but can't tell me where it is in the process. Hope I don't need another photo.
I am in same situation.. i was able to find the number to call them. Would you mind sharing the phone number to contact about the application progress. thanks

laurals

Jun 27, 2021
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 3, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 1, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on June 1, 2022.
It shows Decision Made on the main page, hopefully it's coming to my mail sooooooon!
It was mailed from IRCC on June 8 and I found it in my mailbox yesterday! So much quicker than I expected and than most of my other experience with the government!
Good luck for the rest of you~

Reactions: cg2871

cg2871

Star Member
May 3, 2022
It was mailed from IRCC on June 8 and I found it in my mailbox yesterday! So much quicker than I expected and than most of my other experience with the government!
Good luck for the rest of you~
Congrats !! What was your residency days when you had applied ?

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
I am in same situation.. i was able to find the number to call them. Would you mind sharing the phone number to contact about the application progress. thanks
888-242-2100

It only works if you are in Canada and it's not easy to get to an actual person. Hope you get through to someone!

Reactions: Maha1981

Happy116

Mar 9, 2017
Received my PR card on June 10th and just saw that my wife’s PR Card was sent via mail on June 10th. Should probably receive it tomorrow. Thanks to all for posting the timelines, really helps estimate processing time. Timelines of my card :

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 29, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 1, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on June 1, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on June 8, 2022.

laurals

Jun 27, 2021
Congrats !! What was your residency days when you had applied ?
a little more than 1000, I applied about half a year after my old card expired. If I applied before the old expiry date, I would be 'cutting it close' with just ~800 days. Didn't need much travel outside of Canada amidst covid, so not a big deal for me. And fortunately at the time of my app, the process is faster (av. 60 days as opposed to 140+ days back in 2021)

twoFour

May 1, 2020
Final UPDATE
PR Card Received by Post

Timeline:
14 Apr 2022- Landing and PR
31 May 2022- Ghost Update on PR Card Application
08 June 2022- Notification in GCKEY, Card Mailed via Post
10 June 2022- PR Card Received by Post

To everybody waiting: The process is starting to really speed up after the whole mess of the pandemic.
The process took 58 days for a new PR card after landing in my case.

Good luck to everybody still waiting and enjoy your new life in Canada

Obamayang

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Hi,

Is anyone facing problem in linking the PR card application. When I ask to search my application it says no matches

nike123

May 30, 2021
Hi,

Is anyone facing problem in linking the PR card application. When I ask to search my application it says no matches
Had the same issue before but a forumer helped me out. Make sure your place of birth as shown in passport matches with what you type when you are linking your application. It worked for me. :)

cg2871

Star Member
May 3, 2022
Had the same issue before but a forumer helped me out. Make sure your place of birth as shown in passport matches with what you type when you are linking your application. It worked for me. :)
Same identical place of birth info as original passport you came in during PR landing, with comma, space, full stop whatever is there.

Last edited:

asingh7201

Sep 7, 2016
just a quick question , any help is highly appreciated.

My PR renewal application got approved and got a message that we mailed your card on 8th June but still has not received.
I see few guys who got their card on 10th or 11th june. Is it normal ?
I am just starting get little nervous

cg2871

Star Member
May 3, 2022

My PR renewal application got approved and got a message that we mailed your card on 8th June but still has not received.
6-8 days is quite normal for mail. Some luckier people get it in 2-3 days. I don't think there is any need to worry.

Ped1994

Star Member
May 24, 2022

Could you please share the timeline of your application with us

asingh7201

Sep 7, 2016
Could you please share the timeline of your application with us
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 29, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 31, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on May 31, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on June 8, 2022.