+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

john_doe_

Mar 23, 2022
If we send 2 applications in the same package for pr renewal, will we get 2 separate AOR's? I have received only one in my name, nothing on my wife's application. Anyone have experienced the same?
I'm not a professional, but I think you may try to link your application with your account, this shall be successful coz you got AoR.
After successfully linked yours, then try to link your wife's account with hers, if successful, IMO that means of AoR as well.

HNJ

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
I'm not a professional, but I think you may try to link your application with your account, this shall be successful coz you got AoR.
After successfully linked yours, then try to link your wife's account with hers, if successful, IMO that means of AoR as well.
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I am not even able to link my application to CIC account.

john_doe_

Mar 23, 2022
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I am not even able to link my application to CIC account.
Hmm I have no idea then.

For my situation, what I can remember is:
I got AoR email from CIC about 1 month after the application sent, then I registered a new CIC account, in the linking process, I filled the Application Number provided in the CIC email title (starts with R*********) and filled the rest of questions asked in the linking process, then it's linked. Didn't meet other problems.

Any error you got while linked to your? or Why yours cannot be linked?

john_doe_

Mar 23, 2022
Got update in online login through gckey (not in ecas) with the below status today:

• March 23, 2022 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
Hi, I got a question here, reading other posts in the forum, some mentioned a process "print PR Card" after DM and the "Print" takes long time, but seems yours does not have this process, instead, CIC just informed you “DM and Mail-Out” at same time, same message?
In fact I got same status, same message, but just not sure why it's different to the process of some other posts mentioned.
Thanks.

igg

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Visa Office......
Mississaga
Hmm I have no idea then.

I got AoR email from CIC about 1 month after the application sent, then I registered a new CIC account, in the linking process, I filled the Application Number provided in the CIC email title (starts with R*********) and filled the rest of questions asked in the linking process, then it's linked. Didn't meet other problems.

Someone mentioned somewhere on the forum that some info should be typed exactly as the officer would put it. Not sure if it was for linking pr card application or something else... Could be capital letters etc.

john_doe_

Mar 23, 2022
Someone mentioned somewhere on the forum that some info should be typed exactly as the officer would put it. Not sure if it was for linking pr card application or something else... Could be capital letters etc.
Thanks, this can be a reason: The applicants tried to link on the basis of the filled text in the form > The system identify on the basis of what officer inputs. There could be differences.

HNJ

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hmm I have no idea then.

it just says cant find any applications. i have tried most of the combinations but nothing worked.

loree_2009

Star Member
Jun 27, 2009
Landed in Canada on 11th Jan 2022, linked my GCKey with PR card application. Called IRCC during 1st week of March and the agent informed that photo for PR card has been approved as of 28th Feb 2022. The card was however still not sent to production for printing.
Hi,

Sorry, I am a bit confused - do we still need to apply for PR Card? We landed Feb 5 as new PR and was asked for our address and was told to just wait for the PR Card to be mailed to the said address. I was under the impression that we don't need to do anything else (do a separate application)? Please correct me if I am wrong...

Thanks

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi,

Sorry, I am a bit confused - do we still need to apply for PR Card? We landed Feb 5 as new PR and was asked for our address and was told to just wait for the PR Card to be mailed to the said address. I was under the impression that we don't need to do anything else (do a separate application)? Please correct me if I am wrong...

Thanks
Thats right, you dont need to apply for pr card. However, you can link pr card application,which officer would have raised, to your gckey account to track the progress.

Please see steps here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

lemondrop

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Montreal, QC
Hello! My PR card expired last month (completely forgot about it) so I sent it in on Tuesday.

Application sent: March 22
Mail Reached: March 25

Now we wait :)

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
PR Card application was approved and mailed out yesterday. Got a GU on my GCKey account today, and PR Portal account is showing "Accepted and Closed"
PR Card arrived in the mail today, exactly 2 days after it was mailed.

All the best to everyone and see you come Citizenship time.

Reactions: Optimall

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi,

Thanks
1. You don't have to do anything. CBSA will apply for your initial PR card at "landing" Posted as 91 days.

Reactions: InternationalMallu

SbewrNMKt

Mar 3, 2022
Hello Guys I will share my PR renewal timeline here:
Application sent: Feb 3
Mail Reached: Feb 9
AOR mail: Mar 7
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 9, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 7, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on March 7, 2022.
Current Status: Decision Made
Will update accordingly!
UPDATES

4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 23, 2022.
Current Status: Complete

I am very surprised they went through the process pretty fast. I was quite frustrated because I found that I had made some small mistakes in my application soon after I sent the package. I thought my application might be delayed due to this reason. My theory is that my physical presence is way beyond 2 years so IRCC just doesn't really care. The mistakes I made were that I did not record my unemployed status before I got into school, and the accessing period was supposed to be ended by 20220203 but I put 20220223. LOL.

Last edited:

SbewrNMKt

Mar 3, 2022
I don't understand why was my thread not posted and no moderators approved my reply? I just want to update my status. That's all.

//
UPDATES

4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 23, 2022.
Current Status: Complete

I am very surprised they went through the process pretty fast. I was quite frustrated because I found that I had made some small mistakes in my application soon after I sent the package. I thought my application might be delayed due to this reason. My theory is that my physical presence is way beyond 2 years so IRCC just doesn't really care. The mistakes I made were that I did not record my unemployed status before I got into school, and the accessing period was supposed to be ended by 20220203 but I put 20220223. LOL.