+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

phil1p

May 29, 2023
i think they may start counting another 2-3 months again... because they said the processing time starts from the date that they receive your complete application. but this is weird, the online portal wont allow you to submit if you did not sign the declaration. did you try to contact them?
Yes, speaking from experience submitting it again will be equivalent to waiting another 2/3 months for an update.

I applied for a card renewal back in January, got the application "returned" (Reason: "Incomplete application") in March and the only thing that was highlighted on the form was the consent and declaration section (which is odd since it is mandatory and you can't submit the application without it).

Fast forward to today, my application got rejected again for the same reason.

Just got off the phone with IRCC, but they weren't very helpful and essentially just advised me to put in a paper application lol

yoyo1104

May 26, 2023
Submited on 6th of April 2023, estimated time was 62 days, should I able to link the progress of my application soon? I need to travel back to my home country in just under a month and come back in September.
if you don't receive it by the time you leave, you can apply for PRTD as soon as you are outside Canada or simply ask your friends in Canada to mail your pr card to you once it is delivered

Reactions: tk785

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I was not going to book flight tickets anyway. In the past they still delayed my application even with tickets and etc etc.

@anyone - if anyone can help me linking my all new and old applications together , I will be very thank full to the person.
I applied for PR in 2016 - online that time and somehow messed up the GIC account so never able to log back in after all the process and everything was complete.

Tried resetting the password etc etc , account is locked and I have no idea to recover that. can anyone help ? I am okay paying as well if someone can help me ?
Create a new GCKey and link all your applications using these steps - https://askkubeir.com/pr-card-application/

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you say failed, what is the exact issue ?
Number of Failed Registration Attempts Exceeded
For security purposes, you can only try to link an application to your account a maximum of 5 times in 24 hours.

To help link this application to this account, make sure the information appears exactly as it was entered on the application form. If any information about the application was updated after it was first submitted, please provide us with the most recent information.

You can try to link the application to this account again in 24 hours. If you're still having trouble, you can contact us by clicking on the "Report a Technical Issue" button on the top menu bar.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I have done these 5 attempts 500 times probably - never pulls anything
Likely issue -
For past applications, you probably are entering information which is not matching
For new application (pr card renewal), you application has not been picked up yet for processing.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hi everyone.
Just a quick technical question. When you were working on your application to renew your PR card, in question 4.2 for example (work and educational history), when it says to list your history in the past five (5) years, did you use the date exactly 5 years ago as the starting date? for example, today I May 30, did you use the period exactly between May 30, 2018 and May 30, 2023? Could you please five me a an example how you approached this question?

thank you

tk785

May 24, 2021
I just called the IRC and they said they couldn't find my application for renewal because they're still looking at February applications. I applied on the 6th of April and the website said the estimated time is 62 days to get your card, he said that the 62 wait time starts from when they actually look at your application. So it's more like 62 days plus an additional 30-60 days. I think I'm going to need to apply for a travel documents as this is ridiculous.

yoyo1104

May 26, 2023
Hi everyone.
Just a quick technical question. When you were working on your application to renew your PR card, in question 4.2 for example (work and educational history), when it says to list your history in the past five (5) years, did you use the date exactly 5 years ago as the starting date? for example, today I May 30, did you use the period exactly between May 30, 2018 and May 30, 2023? Could you please five me a an example how you approached this question?

thank you
for me, i used the date exactly 5 years ago as the starting date. so for example today is May 30, i will then start from May 30, 2018