+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

knk2015

Mar 24, 2016
Hi, while applying online I was not able to upload my supporting documents to prove my residency anywhere. Is this an issue for anyone else? While finishing the IMM 5444 form, it asked about residency obligation which I filled some dates regarding the times I left Canada and that was about it. Should I just proceed as normal or should I apply by paper instead and include the supporting documents?

Also my PR portal can only create applications and no other functionalities, is that normal?
There's section down below on the page from where you can select the document category, then click Upload button. I would say online will be easier to apply with and convenient. Once submitted you can easily monitor the stage of your application. Yes, that's what I have seen that you can only create applications and once submitted you can't go back into it, even for reviewing.
While uploading the pic you may have an issue as it took me a while to take the picture of my picture, then adjust the brightness, change the pixel size. So I would suggest to go with digital picture done by Staples/Walmart or any other place that has photo studio, but check with them how will you upload back of the pic as digital copy will not have that.

knk2015

Mar 24, 2016
Who else is still waiting for their replacement PR card.. Please share your timeline to encourage me because it's making me depressed..

My Timeline:
I applied in July 5th 2023.
Sep 15th (2+ months after) application was returned incomplete and the agent didn't give any reason
Sep 18th I resubmitted so the 95 days counter reset
Sep 28th. It Retuned incomplete. I uploaded the new passport immediately and resubmitted. Counter was again reset to 71 days.
Oct 13th - Returned due to picture issues.
Oct 23rd - Returned, due to photo issues AGAIN - i took another photo.
Oct 25th i resubmitted (this time, 68 days counter reset). So i requested urgency. I needed to visit home this holiday with my last 7days of time off to get some mental health break. i don't have any family here

Jan 3rd - Still radio silence since then. I don't think they understand how twisted the system is. Is this a glitch in the systems process? An incompetent agent? Or I'm i overreacting? I'm a super positive person, but 've lost hope at this point. Why does this have to be this daunting?
Thanks for posting your experience. Have you received it now? Did you submit paper or online application? Wanted to know because I have submitted online application and on that one it shows if the picture is fine or not else it doesn't let you proceed. So wanted to make sure that if your was online then are they still saying it's a picture issue.