+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD RENEWAL IN SECONDARY REVIEW

shehlatasleem

May 2, 2018
Hi..
I am entering this forum for the first time. I read the posts and replies on this forum.I have found this forum so useful with categorical feedback/solutions and advises. Therefore I am sharing my problem with the hope to get My renewal of my Canadian PR Card.Which was expired in April 2014.And I left Toronto , Canada in Feb.2014 to back home Karachi,Pakistan ..Since then I did not go to Canada.I have a valid US Visa of 5 years( end of 2015 - 2020) and also travelled to US in Dec 2015 and stayed there or month.Now I am willing to get renewal of PR Card and if renewal obtained ,will be settled there. Looking forward to know:
1. May I will be allowed to enter Canada through US in a Private Car.
2. Or, Do I need to apply for travel permit.
3. Time -wise ,which option will be swift available .
Thanks in Advance

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
So,
Hi..
I am entering this forum for the first time. I read the posts and replies on this forum.I have found this forum so useful with categorical feedback/solutions and advises. Therefore I am sharing my problem with the hope to get My renewal of my Canadian PR Card.Which was expired in April 2014.And I left Toronto , Canada in Feb.2014 to back home Karachi,Pakistan ..Since then I did not go to Canada.I have a valid US Visa of 5 years( end of 2015 - 2020) and also travelled to US in Dec 2015 and stayed there or month.Now I am willing to get renewal of PR Card and if renewal obtained ,will be settled there. Looking forward to know:
1. May I will be allowed to enter Canada through US in a Private Car.
2. Or, Do I need to apply for travel permit.
3. Time -wise ,which option will be swift available .
Thanks in Advance
thats a total continuous 50 months you have not been in Canada. That will definitely be a red flag.So, I'm not sure if PRTD or PR renewal at this stage is an option for you.

As the posts in this forum suggests, US rent/taxi car is an option. But I myself dont have any info/experience on that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes you will be able to enter Canada. If you get reported for not meeting the RO you can try to appeal. If not you will lose your PR. If you don't get reported you must stay in Canada for 2 years without leaving. You can not sponsor anyone until the 2 years are up and you have renewed your PR card. That could take another year.