+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr Card Renewal feeling stuck

KJ011

Sep 22, 2021
Hello everyone please I am in need in urgent help I feel so stuck. I want to renew my pr card its expired for so long the problem is that now my health card and pr and passport is all expired and I can't renew any of my id. I have an Iraqi passport to renew that I have to go to Ottawa which is a no problem but they are asking for the original birth certificate and other things that I don't have. I only have a photo copy of my birth certificate which will not work to renew it. now I tried to get my citizenship then I realized I need a valid photo Id to apply which I don't have. im so stuck and trying I can't seem to WIN. Please is there a way to write a letter to the government of Canada or something pleaseeee I am so desperate for HELP. I need to renew my things because I feel like im sos tuck and can't do much with my life.thanks in advance to anyone that will be helping me

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone please I am in need in urgent help I feel so stuck. I want to renew my pr card its expired for so long the problem is that now my health card and pr and passport is all expired and I can't renew any of my id. I have an Iraqi passport to renew that I have to go to Ottawa which is a no problem but they are asking for the original birth certificate and other things that I don't have. I only have a photo copy of my birth certificate which will not work to renew it. now I tried to get my citizenship then I realized I need a valid photo Id to apply which I don't have. im so stuck and trying I can't seem to WIN. Please is there a way to write a letter to the government of Canada or something pleaseeee I am so desperate for HELP. I need to renew my things because I feel like im sos tuck and can't do much with my life.thanks in advance to anyone that will be helping me
Where is your original birth certificate?

KJ011

Sep 22, 2021
Would speak to the Iraq consulate about renewing your passport with only a copy of your BC.
I did go online to check and it asked that you need the coloured bc. Also I tried calling and they never ever pick up I also did email and response and I live in Toronto and the embassy is in Ottawa and now they don't allow people in only appointment im calling to get one but OMG no luck at all. :( I feel so hopeless and out of options.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Root issue is your expired Iraqi passport. You need to find a way to renew it.
So you had the passport 10 years ago because your parents use your original BC to apply/renew it?
I don't know if there is a way to obtain your BC via a lawyer back home. They cannot keep your BC!! Can they?
It's your legal paperwork. And you will need it for other things too.

Anyway to post this to a Iraqi community to find an alternative way to renew your passport in Canada? This forum may not have that information.

This is not really related to your PR Card renew. You will need your passport for other things too.

KJ011

Sep 22, 2021
Root issue is your expired Iraqi passport. You need to find a way to renew it.
So you had the passport 10 years ago because your parents use your original BC to apply/renew it?
I don't know if there is a way to obtain your BC via a lawyer back home. They cannot keep your BC!! Can they?
It's your legal paperwork. And you will need it for other things too.

Anyway to post this to a Iraqi community to find an alternative way to renew your passport in Canada? This forum may not have that information.

This is not really related to your PR Card renew. You will need your passport for other things too.
Yes they don't wanna give it to me I've been asking for it now 10 years and now they say they don't have it, no one is allowed to keep your documents im 28 years old. Is it possible to get a Canadian Citizenship without valid id? any idea? and honestly thank you for the reply

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes they don't wanna give it to me I've been asking for it now 10 years and now they say they don't have it, no one is allowed to keep your documents im 28 years old. Is it possible to get a Canadian Citizenship without valid id? any idea? and honestly thank you for the reply
I think you do need some valid ID for citizenship application. Before that you still need a valid ID for a lot of other things... (as you posted)

KJ011

Sep 22, 2021
I think you do need some valid ID for citizenship application. Before that you still need a valid ID for a lot of other things... (as you posted)
CORRECT. I feel like im not moving anywhere in life because of this. I wish the government would allow it. as I don't wanna have to call police to get my documents it just feels wrong.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Actually you don't need a foreign passport to apply for Canadian citizenship, but yes, some form of valid ID is required. OHIP or an Ontario Photo Card or driver's license

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step3

The Ontario Photo Card probably won't require an original birth certificate but a copy would suffice.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-photo-card#section-1

KJ011

Sep 22, 2021
Actually you don't need a foreign passport to apply for Canadian citizenship, but yes, some form of valid ID is required. PR card, OHIP or an Ontario Photo Card (in lieu of a driver's license).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step3
Yes that's true but I have no valid id except SIN. :( it all expired because nothing is valid. I got my passport after begging for so long.