+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal expired 2 months ago!!! urgent

joeyy129

Dec 9, 2021
HI everyone i just found out my pr was expired in Oct and i totally forgot about it.
My question is do i have to certify true copy of my passport or old pr card, my research said that i don't need it, but since my pr card already expired 2 months ago i want to make sure before i send everything in
Thank you in advance

Aleks30

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
You need to take a photo of your pr card from both sides.(This is proof that the PRcard has not been lost.)
Also a photo of your passport. (So that you can see your passport number and photo). This is proof of the applicant's identity)
It's all written in the instructions!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
And unless you need to travel outside and back to Canada, it's OK to have an expired PR card.
It doesn't mean that your PR status is "expired".

Aleks30

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
Yes, it's true, Canadian permanent residents can apply for citizenship EVEN without a valid PrCard.

joeyy129

Dec 9, 2021
You need to take a photo of your pr card from both sides.(This is proof that the PRcard has not been lost.)
Also a photo of your passport. (So that you can see your passport number and photo). This is proof of the applicant's identity)
It's all written in the instructions!
Yes just want to make sure I don’t need to get it certified by a lawyer or notary