+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr card renewal checking status

habiba.mahboob

Jun 25, 2023
it is my first time for pr renewal
Can someone tell me is it absolute normal when you enter UCI to track and in process section: an interview may be required.
Decision made:If your application is approved, you will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the IRCC office closest to you.
I am a bit tensed because i had to leave canada for some urgent work.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it is my first time for pr renewal
Can someone tell me is it absolute normal when you enter UCI to track and in process section: an interview may be required.
Decision made:If your application is approved, you will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the IRCC office closest to you.
I am a bit tensed because i had to leave canada for some urgent work.
I can't say if it's normal or not, but it's nothing to worry about, unless you have not satisfied the Residency Obligation requirement (minimum of 730 days in Canada from the 5 year date prior to submitting your PR Card renewal application. For example, a person submitting a card renewal application today, will be assessed 5 years from today's date (~ September 6, 2018).

Leaving Canada for an urgent matter is fine, so long as you returned to Canada to still meet the R.O.

habiba.mahboob

Jun 25, 2023
I can't say if it's normal or not, but it's nothing to worry about, unless you have not satisfied the Residency Obligation requirement (minimum of 730 days in Canada from the 5 year date prior to submitting your PR Card renewal application. For example, a person submitting a card renewal application today, will be assessed 5 years from today's date (~ September 6, 2018).

Leaving Canada for an urgent matter is fine, so long as you returned to Canada to still meet the R.O.
but i need a pr to enter into canadian rehion. If they ask me to pick it up from the office how i will go n pickit up?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
but i need a pr to enter into canadian rehion. If they ask me to pick it up from the office how i will go n pickit up?
Sorry, but I do not understand your question. What do you mean by saying "but i need a pr to enter into canadian reghion"(region)?
You already have PR. You are only applying to renew the PR Card.

Is your current PR card still valid, or has it already expired? If it has expired and you cannot return to Canada via the U.S. (entering in a personal vehicle at a land PoE), you would likely need a PRTD to be able to return to Canada via a commercial carrier.

Hopefully your existing card is in fact still valid!

If you are NOT in Canada when you are asked to appear in-person to pick up your renewed card, that will obviously be a problem.