+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pr card renewal applicationurgent help needed from Leon please

mshehzad

Jan 10, 2012
hi all
i applied for the renewal of pr card in oct 2011
was short of stay almost 500 days
tried to show the canadian business ties and failed
request the CAPS NOTES and it was clearly written that they did not accepted my CANADIAN BUSINESS TRAVEL
they sent me a Residency questionnaire in March 2012
i sent them back the RQ but unfortunately they did not received it
i lost the tracking number
what is your suggestion
should I withdraw the application?????
and I should send a fresh application
till today I have stayed almost 947 days since I have filed the previous PR Card renewal application
regards

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They may have considered your application as abandoned if they never received your response. You can call the call centre and ask them to look it up. If it is not abandoned, you should attempt withdrawing it. Immigration has in the past accepted withdrawals, even at a very late stage in the process.

If it is abandoned or if you withdraw it and get confirmation that they have accepted your withdrawal, you can apply again.

mshehzad

Jan 10, 2012
dear Leon
many thanks for your prompt reply
I called the call center and the application is not abandoned yet
i asked them that can I withdraw the application and they told me yes and sent me an email stating the procedure of withdrawl
there is a question they have asked
YOU MUST STATE THE REASON OF WITHDRAWL
what reason I should write for the withdrawl????????
thanks

sammy_2401

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
I think the 'reason' is just a formality to fill-up. I suggest you mention - 'miscalculation of number of days of residency' . That should be fine and in fact that is your reason. Hope that helps.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think the reason is important but I don't think I'd write miscalculation of days. I would write "personal reasons" on there and see what happens :)

sammy_2401

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
'Personal reasons' is safe. Go ahead and keep us updated about your progress.

Best of luck. By the way, you mentioned you applied for CAPS and got the information, I suppose it is same as FOSS. Did you apply online for this? How many days it takes for them to respond? Did you receive reply through email or on paper by post?